Open Forum > Computer Hardware

I think I broke my wife's computer...

<< < (2/2)

SPC Maines:
I do have a graphics card which is an MSI Mech OC 8GB 5700xt. I also used the cables supplied with the new PSU to do the initial hookups. I also used my graphics card to troubleshoot the graphics card to no avail. The only thing I havent done is reset the CMOS Battery but i dont think that would do anything either.

CW3 (Ret) Hauk:
SGT,

Just jumping in here going on the info you have supplied.

So you have nothing to your monitor even though you installed an older v-card and still nothing.

Also review everything was working prior to installing the new power supply.

So I have a few suggestions, to start but a little more info would help with diagnosis.    So suggestion on post are you getting the startup beeps from the motherboard and then checked those to see if an error is being thrown.   The manufacturer of your MB should have a schematic explaining what the beeps mean.   Also does the video card have direct power from the motherboard.   If it does and you have a volt meter check to see if you have power there.   To learn how to do that there are plenty of videos about it.  Why on that you easily could have gotten a bad power supply it happens.   And on that have you put the old power supply back in yet.  I would imagine you have already thought of that just putting it out there.

Any more info you could supply would be helpful.  Hope you get it figured out 😁

CW3 (Ret) Hauk:
SGT,

Correction,

Video card from power supply not motherboard.

SPC Maines:
UPDATE.

I got it figured out. The RAM wasn't seated properly. It took 5 times to seat it properly I guess.....

Nonetheless I got it done. and DAMN does it look good. Thank you all for the kind suggestions!

Capt (Ret) Clay:

--- Quote from: SGT Maines on May 13, 2020, 02:21:25 PM ---UPDATE.

I got it figured out. The RAM wasn't seated properly. It took 5 times to seat it properly I guess.....

Nonetheless I got it done. and DAMN does it look good. Thank you all for the kind suggestions!

--- End quote ---

Glad you got it working and that it was an easy fix was going to suggest reseat the ram on my next post. Had to make sure the MB posted before going further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version