Open Forum > 506th IR RU News and Deployment Updates

Grunt Talk - Issue 4 Volume 10

(1/2) > >>

Coffman:
Airbase Anvil - Podagorsk

Early this week the one topic on every troopers mind has been the imminent deployment which has now been confirmed by several of the 506th's commanding officers, and NCO's. According to the rumor mill, all the command of the 506th received Intel of a coming deployment to the black sea region. With a deployment to the scale of their practices, most soldiers felt pretty safe betting that podagorsk is where they were headed.

The news was further confirmed late Sunday night after the completion of the last training exercise, where troopers were told to pack their bags for a flight to the NATO controlled base on Bolshevik Island now designated airbase Anvil.

The next morning at a bright and early 0630 all troopers from Alpha company, Bravo company, and 30th IR Bravo company were boarded on to C-17's and airlifted to Airbase Anvil arriving late night on Monday January 26th, with the Air Force and Army aviation elements arriving late the evening of the 27th.

Some of the soldiers are gearing up to participate in the first deployment of their career, including private second class Swift from Spartan 2 who was happy to share his thoughts on the upcoming deployment. "Im excited to finally get boots on the ground, and go blow some stuff up, I think im as ready as ill ever be." Private Swift has been with the 506th since early December and deployed with the group to Sahrani where he got his first taste of large scale battle in the FTX's. When asked what he thought about the FTX cycle Swift said; "I thought it was lots of fun getting to work with the guys, and the very last training we did on sunday was pretty crazy. I got a taste of whats to come over here in podagorsk."

As many of the soldiers both new and old know, battle will be tough and there is a lot of mental stress starting to show among the 506th. The veterans and command staff all believe that Podagorsk should be nothing short of challenging and intense work, but they believe the 506th will pull through with limited losses. Like many soldiers before them, they will undergo sleepless nights as the calm before the storm grows. With war just over the horizion it is time for the men and women of the 506th to set their issues behind them, and push into the new front strong.

CPL Coffman reporting - Airbase Anvil

MAJ (Ret) Hayes:
+100 10/10 boots would re-up

1LT (Ret) Hart:
Great job Coffman, captured the mood of the battalion well.

Wischuf:
"Im excited to finally get boots on the ground, and go blow some stuff up, I think im as ready as ill ever be."

I think most of us feel like this :D

Anyway, everything posted on this board just keeps building up anticipation for the deployment. I just want to thank everyone who have contributed to it - it's easily my favorite part of the forum right now.

O'Dette:

--- Quote from: CPL Wischuf on January 28, 2015, 07:46:12 PM ---Anyway, everything posted on this board just keeps building up anticipation for the deployment. I just want to thank everyone who have contributed to it - it's easily my favorite part of the forum right now.

--- End quote ---

Seconded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version