Author Topic: Internet Connection Issues  (Read 3700 times)

SFC (Ret) Duncan

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
Internet Connection Issues
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
So recently my computer has been doing this weird thing where it will be connected to the wifi but it will show a yellow exclamation point and say no internet connection and I'll have to turn my wifi on and off to fix it.... anybody have any idea of how to fix this? Kinda ruins the fun mid training or Op when my connection goes
J. DUNCAN
SFC, USA
Retired

CPT Bowman

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
Re: Internet Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
Very likely an issue with your router or ISP.

If you're using wifi, plug directly into the router and try and eliminate that concern.

If the direct connection to router fixes it, your wireless card is likely going bad. Can be fixed by anyone with a USB wireless connector, or someone who knows what they're doing by opening up the computer and replacing on the motherboard.
A. BOWMAN
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Capt (Ret) Avery

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »
Could be possible that the NiC (USB Network Adapter or PCIe adapter) is going bad, or it could be the router itself. I would test your network adapter in another computer and see if the issue continues, if it does just replace it. Like most people will say, going wired is better. If you do not have the ability to run ethernet in your house, I would look into MoCa adapters. You would need two adapters for about $140, and it basically just piggy-backs off the coaxial lines in your house and sends data through them, and its almost as good as Cat5e.
T. AVERY
Capt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) Duncan

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »
I know it's not my router because my Xbox works fine off of it and my computer does this at family's houses as well with their wifi. Damn, it might be in the computer then
J. DUNCAN
SFC, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Grover

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
It's either a driver issue or a failing/defective wifi card.  I had the same thing.  Internet was no help.  Drove me nuts.  Eventually went wired to my router.  Ethernet over power or coaxial is another option.
J. GROVER
SPC, USA
Retired