Author Topic: Recruiting Still Closed?  (Read 11753 times)

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Recruiting Still Closed?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »
This is an interesting but mostly useless conversation. I know speaking as the unit CO I don't mind you guys batting around ideas and concerns that are being brought up in this thread as long as you keep it all in perspective. I will again, as a member of Command Staff, re-iterate some important aspects of the discussion.

1. Command Staff has approved the unit growth plan that takes us to 2 companies of 3 platoon each. 1 Saturday platoon and 2 Sunday platoons, along with the approved support assets. We WILL NOT grow beyond that without further approval from Command Staff.
2. The Operational plan is for the 3rd Platoons in each company to possibly open some time in February depending on unit leadership and administrative capacity.

Now, that being said lets go over a few things.

1. We are taking our time to ensure that the unit is capable of handling growth. With new people joining means we have to run training classes, and do a lot of S-1 admin work.
2. We currently have enough people in the unit to fill all of our operational billets. Many of them are still working through their training requirements.
3. When we do open the 3rd platoons, and thus open recruitment, it will only stay open as long as we need people. Once we are operationally full again, then we will move to a modified recruitment, whereby we accept only a certain number of people per month to make up for attrition.

There are other units out there that seem to want to expand to a "sky is the limit" model. People can go there, and enjoy truck driving or bomb squads. We do not need unlimited growth, we need dedicated people interested in helping us run the best air assault operations possible.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »
I understand, Captain.

Does this mean that maybe someday you will open a third Company? You did not rule that out ("We WILL NOT grow beyond that without further approval from Command Staff"), so I'm holding out hope.

Personally, joining the 506th has two problems: First, I need to be able to participate no matter where I am, which means that I need to buy a computer (which I am earning money to do, but that will take till the summer at the earliest). Secondly, I need to be able to get in one of the few open recruiting sessions, and I don't know where that is.

In short, I'm hoping I won't miss a chance to join by waiting to get a computer.

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
You're making the erroneous assumption that if recruiting is close we will never have openings. Once all our billets are filled we will still have a steady but hopefully slow rate of attrition whereby we will need replacements.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

Dickerson

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »
I would like to add one thing here.

With any "y" amount of members, people will come and go. There will always be room for "z" amount of players to join at certain intervals to fill the spots of those who leave through "x" amount of time.

Nevermind. I totally missed the above post from CPT Hayes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:07:05 PM by PV1 Dickerson »

O'Dette

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »
You're making the erroneous assumption that if recruiting is close we will never have openings. Once all our billets are filled we will still have a steady but hopefully slow rate of attrition whereby we will need replacements.

Ah, I had forgotten about that.

Well said, Captain. Here's hoping I'll get in yet!

PFC (Ret) Tardo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
Other than checking the forums daily, Is than any other way to know when or if recruitment opens again? Is there a waiting list?
J. TARDO
PFC, USA
Retired

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 12:34:28 AM »
On the thread you can choose "notify" this will send you an email letting you know when someone has responded.
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

Partridge

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 05:49:30 AM »
Good to know thanks  here's to hoping