Author Topic: Spades on MICH  (Read 3953 times)

Emerson

Spades on MICH
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
Evening,
       I understand that I am a recruit but I'd love to see the Spade on our MICH's. It is something that we all cling to years after leaving the unit IRL. From fuzzy to 1SG, that Spade means the world to the 506th Infantryman. I am trying to attach a picture of myself in Afghanistan that shows the Spade if you have trouble understanding placement or size but it does not seem to be working correctly. Please ask any questions regarding the Spade and I will answer accordingly.

Thank You,
  RCT Emerson

1LT (Ret) N. Williams

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Spades on MICH
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »
I personally like that idea. When you get through OSUT, and are assigned to a platoon, I suggest you run it up your CoC.

Welcome to the unit!
N. WILLIAMS
1LT, USA
Retired

Emerson

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply Corporal.
   It is hard to put into words. When you watch the "Movies" with the 506th in them, you always recognize the Spade. It is a very simple, yet symbolic icon to fight under the Spade, for it is always attached on our headgear. To the point to when our 4th Brigade (506IN) was decommissioned and split up into the remaining Brigades at 101st, the Spade followed the men.

IE, after decommissioning the 4th Brigade, Command chose to keep the Currahee Legacy alive. My beloved 1st Battalion (Red Currahee) went to 1st Brigade under the "Bastogne" Legacy which is a 3 Leaf Clover on their MICH. However, after much debate, Command decided to use both patches, the outer shell being the Clover, while the Spade is in the center. For once, Command got it right! Taking away that Spade would have demoralized the Infantryman that had prior fought to no end for it. Same goes for any 2nd Battalion Currahee (White Currahee) that went to 3rd Brigade "Rakkasan". Please keep in mind, this had never been done before!

How do I get the insert Picture to work btw?

Parsons

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »
To insert a picture, look to the menu above the chat box you type in.  In the bottom row (above the Emoji's), there are icons.  The first is to insert a Youtube link, the second for a picture, the third for a hyperlink, and so on.

In order to insert a picture, you will click on the icon that shows the Mona Lisa painting (the second icon), and you will see a code show up in your chat box.  In between the two brackets you want to paste the address link for the picture.  For most pictures on the internet, you can right click and open the image directly.  If you do this, you will have text in your address bar that has a .jpg, .gif, .tif, etc for the various types of picture files (as opposed to the normal .com, .net, .org, etc. 

You want to copy that and paste it between the img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x23/bagelnagel14/titleslide_zpse3d5a016.png[/img]

Notice above, how I purposely left the [ out of the code.  If I had put the bracket, this is what would display instead of the text:

In reply to CPL Williams
Make sure that when you finish OSUT and become part of a team that you utilize your CoC.  If you want to see this become part of the unit, send it up, and it will be discussed on a higher level.

Lastly...Welcome to the Unit! We are glad you are on board!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:22:42 PM by SSgt Parsons »

Emerson

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »
Roger SSGT,
      Nothing is happening after hitting the box. That is the issue, maybe because I am labeled as a guest or something. Not sure.

I will be passing it up my POCs/CoCs once in a Fireteam, however this is a Unit Discussion. I would hate for it to be shot down before reaching anyone that could make it happen.

Emerson

Parsons

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »
Ah I see.  It could be your browser then.  Personally, I use both Chrome and Firefox.

Secondly, don't be discouraged if something that you bring up gets shot down.  Our leadership and command staff work very hard to make this unit the best, and there is a lot of tough decisions that have to be made.  Usually, if something gets shot down, there is a good reason for it.  To quote someone recently "the balance between realism and fun can be a tough challenge".

SFC (Ret) Otto

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »
To attach a picture, first you have to have it hosted somewhere online like imgur or some other image hosting service. You have to use that service to get the url of the image which should end in the image file name and extension type.

For instance: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x23/bagelnagel14/titleslide_zpse3d5a016.png < is hosted on photobucket and the image name and file extension are the last thing in the URL.

To embed that picture in a post, you simply place the URL to the image between the IMG tags.

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/blahblah/spade.jpg[/IMG]
All the "mona lisa" button does it put those tags in for you, you can type them yourself if the button doesn't work.
W. OTTO
SFC, USA
Retired

Emerson

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:10:33 PM »
Awesome, Thank You SGT! Below is the Spade.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 04:25:45 PM »
While I agree it's a pretty cool idea, I'm not sure how we could get that in the working since we use RHS USAF. Fully unlocked the arsenal includes 1st Cavalry, 10th Mountain, 82nd Airborne, etc. The ACH helmets that we use are kinda default and don't include customization like the Spade because the helmet is meant to "fit-in" with each of those units. Maybe contact someone at Red Hammer Studios and share some ideas like that?
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

Emerson

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 05:21:45 PM »
If that's what needs to be done then I am all for it. I can understand the default cover to blend with everything naturally, but the 506IN is not just another Infantry Brigade. Thus the reason the Spade means so much and has stood the test of time.

Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PV1 Emerson

K. Knight

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 03:18:48 AM »
So this is now a thing. I've heard that it's awaiting approval, but I've also heard that it's optional. I've tested this in the VR Arsenal, and it performs exactly like the ACH that we're issued.
It definitely completes the look. I've seen some people with it in training and on Patrol Ops, but are we able to use it?

SSgt (Ret) Shannon

• 1Z371 Tactical Air Control Party
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »
It hasn't been added to the approved arsenal boxes for the servers yet, as it is still very new with the latest mod update, however it is there, I believe under ACH (506th).
A. SHANNON
SSgt, USAF
Retired