Author Topic: UBC World News - US "concerned" over reports of lost Bradley IFV  (Read 14474 times)

Whitacre

Re: UBC World News - US "concerned" over reports of lost Bradley IFV
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »
They just need to learn how to destroy their assets properly.

They can carry a few thermite grenades to simulate they slagged sensitive materials and the engine and whatever is vital.

No.

Let's all take a short moment to read a quote from the actual BFV Commander's patrol report, which has been confirmed as true by the Task Force Commander in charge that evening, so we actually get a better picture of the situation.

The Bradley was abandoned IVO (030,123) after rolling the Bradley, causing the right track to be raised from the ground, and the tree pinned between the turret and body of the Bradley. The Task Force Commander requested the engineers to salvage the Bradley post-operation. The crewmen proceeded on foot, attaching themselves to the dismount team for the rest of the Operation.

Ignoring the obvious irony for the time being, let's look at another couple of glaring circumstances.

Let's first go into the part CPL Rigger pointed out in his post. The vehicle was near enough to a friendly airfield to easily send a patrol to recover information ON FOOT, and be back in time for lunch.

Shall we for the sake of argument also ignore the fact that Spartan 1, again as CPL Rigger, among others have mentioned, was dug in and essentially in over watch on the valley said BFV had rolled in?

I would also like to take a moment to mention that the Task Forces have only been static for a mere 6 hours. A lot can have happened in 6 hours - but a full on recovery effort by a rebel militia force of a 30 ton Infantry Fighting Vehicle, that the full force of the US Army couldn't pull off, even only 300m from the friendly airbase and base of operations? Seems rather improbable to me.

For the sake of argument, I will accept the "loss of sensitive items" from the vehicle including a BFT, and radio equipment.  I am also willing to accept that this should prove in future for Brawler a cautionary tale. Not about the hazards of the terrain, not about vehicle physics we cannot control, and only partly about ensuring the destruction of important and potentially sensitive equipment. But it will also prove a cautionary tale in relying on other assets to do a job the Vehicle Commander was told they would perform while on a combat patrol.

Do not take this as me shirking responsibility. Brawler will own fully the loss of sensitive equipment. But Brawler  will not be crucified by those will little to no actual information about the situation at hand, or those spreading misinformation for what I can only assume is for no other reason that pure malice.

Capt (Ret) Morgan

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 06:48:20 PM »

They can carry a few thermite grenades to simulate they slagged sensitive materials and the engine and whatever is vital.

No.

Let's all take a short moment to read a quote from the actual BFV Commander's patrol report, which has been confirmed as true by the Task Force Commander in charge that evening, so we actually get a better picture of the situation.

The Bradley was abandoned IVO (030,123) after rolling the Bradley, causing the right track to be raised from the ground, and the tree pinned between the turret and body of the Bradley. The Task Force Commander requested the engineers to salvage the Bradley post-operation. The crewmen proceeded on foot, attaching themselves to the dismount team for the rest of the Operation.

Ignoring the obvious irony for the time being, let's look at another couple of glaring circumstances.

Let's first go into the part CPL Rigger pointed out in his post. The vehicle was near enough to a friendly airfield to easily send a patrol to recover information ON FOOT, and be back in time for lunch.

Shall we for the sake of argument also ignore the fact that Spartan 1, again as CPL Rigger, among others have mentioned, was dug in and essentially in over watch on the valley said BFV had rolled in?

I would also like to take a moment to mention that the Task Forces have only been static for a mere 6 hours. A lot can have happened in 6 hours - but a full on recovery effort by a rebel militia force of a 30 ton Infantry Fighting Vehicle, that the full force of the US Army couldn't pull off, even only 300m from the friendly airbase and base of operations? Seems rather improbable to me.

For the sake of argument, I will accept the "loss of sensitive items" from the vehicle including a BFT, and radio equipment.  I am also willing to accept that this should prove in future for Brawler a cautionary tale. Not about the hazards of the terrain, not about vehicle physics we cannot control, and only partly about ensuring the destruction of important and potentially sensitive equipment. But it will also prove a cautionary tale in relying on other assets to do a job the Vehicle Commander was told they would perform while on a combat patrol.

Do not take this as me shirking responsibility. Brawler will own fully the loss of sensitive equipment. But Brawler  will not be crucified by those will little to no actual information about the situation at hand, or those spreading misinformation for what I can only assume is for no other reason that pure malice.

With all due respect.  These articles are made up for the sake of entertaining the unit and giving some more depth to our deployments, nothing that is said here is an attack on anyone or any part of the unit and shouldn't be taken as such.
G. MORGAN
Capt, USAF
Retired

SGM (Ret) De Leo

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 06:50:55 PM »
May I remind you, gentlemen, that this is a public area. Knock it off.
L. DE LEO
SGM, USA
Retired

Whitacre

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 06:51:06 PM »

No.

With all due respect.  These articles are made up for the sake of entertaining the unit and giving some more depth to our deployments, nothing that is said here is an attack on anyone or any part of the unit and shouldn't be taken as such.
'

With all due respect - it was not the article itself that warranted the response.

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 06:55:09 PM »
I am stepping out officially as the S-2 Intelligence Chief to put this whole thing to rest.

Half the battle of a war effort is propaganda. The enemy is trying to drive support away from the United States and further their own goals. They don't need to have actually recovered an asset like this. Circulating rumors throughout the media is more than enough.

Additionally, do not bash on Brawler and the way they conduct operations. Comments made in these threads need to be kept respectful and grown-up in nature.
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) T. Lee

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »
Back in my day the above falls squarely within the pages of the SOP's definition of "F U B A R" ::)

SPC T. Lee
T. LEE
SPC, USA
Retired

M. Woods

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »
War is war boys stuff happens, let's give'em hell boys!!! Air Assualt!!!!

S. Black

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
The enemy photoshop'd this on top of a picture they probably took from the nearby settlement. They added false information about reclaiming our intelligence and equipment to make the 506th look the fool, and brag about having an advantage over us to the local population.

If they'd really taken this from us, they wouldn't brag about it. They'd keep it to themselves and take advantage of it.

Nothing more than propaganda. Funny propaganda I'll add (sorry Brawler), but nothing more.

Rust

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
Something tells me that they will have better reaction times and tanks with reactive armor

SGT Kahrs

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »
We cannot allow the enemy to divide us, it is what they want! There are some things we cannot predict in war, but we are the 506th. We are from the humble beginnings of Currahee and this is the attitude we take into battle. No matter what happens in the field, we have to stand against this enemy.
A. KAHRS
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
Shit happens. Adapt and overcome it.
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired