Author Topic: Technical Drills  (Read 5402 times)

Hummel

Technical Drills
« on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:48 AM »
Although I have been playing Bohemia Interactive games for ages (starting from the original Operation Flashpoint some 15 years ago), I still think that I am not top of my game as far as efficiency goes. But I am not talking about "real life" efficiency as a player (training, how to move, shoot, etc), but mundane stuff as simple as how I have set up my key bindings, ideal game settings, etc. :-[

I was wondering if it would be possible to organize a few informal sessions where more experienced members of the 506th can show us newbies how they deliver. In other words: jump into a training session and discuss/review the various possible PC setups. No formal training goal other than playing around with the various computer settings in a relaxed environment. I know that this could be done out of game as well, but IN game is a totally different experience as one can try solutions in real time. 8)

Tramble

Re: Technical Drills
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:39:07 AM »
youtube,google.. :) 506th is new, i think their too busy setting up ops.trainings for us PV1's

btw are there any dates on off the clock ops? when anyone ranking RCT + can join and play ?

Hummel

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:34:11 AM »
YouTube and Google are fine but not interactive, and definitely not the format I proposed. As I said in my example, key bindings. It sounds trivial, but it is not. Especially for me that I have not run so many mods in the past. Most of the mods have taken over some keys I have been using (MCC for example is activated by mouse middle key, same as my PTT TeamSpeak).

I am a metrics guy, so I would love to confront these setups in a live game (unofficial training session), so yes, something easy for us RCT/PV1s, as you say. I bet it will pay of as efficiency will raise with a correctly calibrated setup.

S. Warren

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:31:35 PM »
'Correctly calibrated setups' are hard to actually teach. One person's ideal setup may be another's worst nightmare setup. Play around with setups and find what you feel is most comfortable to use. Unbind some actions that you find yourself never using and rebind them into something useful, for example.

SFC Heckman

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »
youtube,google.. :) 506th is new, i think their too busy setting up ops.trainings for us PV1's

btw are there any dates on off the clock ops? when anyone ranking RCT + can join and play ?

Never to busy to lend a helping hand. PV1 Hummel, speaking from personal experience, I know that when you get into your Fireteam these are all topics that  are openly discussed. Be it in TS or in game before and after a training. Part of our team leaders jobs are making sure everyone is squared away.

That being said. If this doesn't happen, come find me on Teamspeak and if I have some time I will lend a hand.
M. HECKMAN
SFC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

C. Smith

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:35:25 PM »
Once you guys get assigned to a Fireteam, they will be your goto source along with your squad and than platoon..

Just give it time gentlemen get through the Training process. In the mean time, log in to teamspeak and get to know people.. Visit different fireteams and platoon,  My only advice is dont be going to ask Command People trivial questions like help with mods etc..  Your Recruit and AIT Instructors are good resources for such things..

Good luck!