Author Topic: International Times - 09APR16 - Militia Forming in Eastern Erzikistan  (Read 8391 times)

Oakley

Re: International Times - 09APR16 - Militia Forming in Eastern Erzikistan
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 12:12:48 PM »
Leave the politics for politicians, if our Commander in Chief says that we will go there, we will be there, once down range the only thing that matters is the man next to you and that should be our priority, do our job and bring all our teammates back alive.

+100

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »
Well, with turkey being a member of NATO, a single mistake from this new militia hitting anything turkish could result in Turkey using their Paragraph 5 option (The Musketeer Oath) and at that point, either NATO helps or folds.

Well, hopefully it will all resolve itself somewhat peacefully.
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

M. Woods

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 04:20:42 PM »
If I remember correctly, Turkey pulled out of NATO and put that allotment back into their economy. (reference article about the strikes).

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
Erzikistan backed out of NATO. Turkey has done nothing. Turkey and Erzikistan are two different places.

If I remember correctly, Turkey pulled out of NATO and put that allotment back into their economy. (reference article about the strikes).
J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

M. Woods

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
I stand corrected

Tone

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »
Looking at all this, I can't help but feel that whatever forces, if any, are sent in to quell the discontent will have one hell of a bad time. Seems like a situation where peacekeeping forces will be disliked by every emerging armed group. The major conflicts that come to mind are Vietnam and Mogadishu, but I pray it doesn't get that bad. Regardless, I'm polishing my rotor blades and checking my instruments. I'm prepared to step in when it gets hairy.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »
Havoc 2-4 ready for duty when our Commander In Chief says it is time to go... I don't worry about politics, I am a soldier. If your here for politics and to criticize how America takes action and when, an American based military realism unit may not be your cup of tea...

Harmon

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
Good shit Parsons. Great work on the articles