Author Topic: Help downloading mods with Mac?  (Read 3823 times)

bruskyp

Help downloading mods with Mac?
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »
Hey guys can anyone help me out with downloading the mods with the mac? when i Run the game i have a few things that pop up, all including: " bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.rhs_ess_black " " Extension ace_fcs.dll not installed " " Addon: AiA_BaseConfig_F requires addon on CA Sounds " and lastly " Error: creating weapon rhs_weap_M107 with scope=private " if anyone can help me please message me on here on through my email bruskyp@gmail.com

akoch

Re: Help downloading mods with Mac?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:21:45 PM »
ACE doesn't support OS X last I heard, because of the .dll files. In addition, no addons are guaranteed to work on OS X because the port is "new" and unsupported by most addon authors.

bruskyp

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
I had ace running fine along with the game back in november but the problem was setting up the task force radio so when i talk to people it will only be heard on the channel not the whole 506th or something like that. So what i was advised to do is start over and re download all the mods so now i'm afraid i might of deleted in game files. Because now i can run the game with all the mods deleted. Its really confusing trying to explain this i dont have alot of computer smarts unfortunately.

akoch

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:13:28 PM »
If you think you broke the game, reinstall.

Capt (Ret) Morgan

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
Right click your game, properties, local files, verify integrity.  Saves you from having to redownload everything and just means you have to redownload the things you are missing or are corrupt.
G. MORGAN
Capt, USAF
Retired

T. Miles

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »
Mac port doesn't support dlls, which ACE and TFAR need. Also the Mac version of the game is couple updates behind, and ACE depends on new updates of the game. You can't play with windows users since you're on a different version of the game.