Author Topic: New headset  (Read 10447 times)

Hawks

Re: New headset
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
I'm looking for a headset as well with a budget of $200 USD or less. Really can't decide on a pair. :-\

2LT (Ret) Storm

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 11:50:41 PM »
http://amzn.com/B016PDY7DQ

Well under your budget. Plus free copy of Rainbow Six Siege.
M. STORM
2LT, IN
Retired

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »

I actually sent my Astros back to buy a pair of these, They're superb. For whatever reason, I didn't buy the one that comes with the free copy of Siege.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

S. Archer

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »

I actually sent my Astros back to buy a pair of these, They're superb. For whatever reason, I didn't buy the one that comes with the free copy of Siege.

I have a pair of those as well, didn't even know the Siege thing was one option!

Hawks

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

Foglia

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »
I understand you already have a mic, that being said I have a pair of Astro A50s and I love them to death. Had A40s before loved them as well. As long as Astro makes quality products I don't see a reason to buy a different brand. A50's are wireless 8 hour easy of play time, uses optical audio, and they have fantastic surround sound. Good deal.

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 08:09:30 PM »
I understand you already have a mic, that being said I have a pair of Astro A50s and I love them to death. Had A40s before loved them as well. As long as Astro makes quality products I don't see a reason to buy a different brand. A50's are wireless 8 hour easy of play time, uses optical audio, and they have fantastic surround sound. Good deal.
Downside I had with the A40's was the mix amp rather than the headset. The Mixamp was consistently crashing, As well as many others complaining on the Astro forums complaining about it.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

Foglia

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 04:51:41 AM »
Downside I had with the A40's was the mix amp rather than the headset. The Mixamp was consistently crashing, As well as many others complaining on the Astro forums complaining about it.

Do you know what year A40 you had? I had heard about this but it was on the model year after I had..Jesus I feel like we're talking about a car.

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 12:22:20 PM »

Do you know what year A40 you had? I had heard about this but it was on the model year after I had..Jesus I feel like we're talking about a car.

They were the newest TR A40's
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired