Author Topic: Teamspeak/TFAR issues  (Read 2031 times)

SPC (Ret) Cyrus

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
Teamspeak/TFAR issues
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:35:10 PM »
Lately I have been encountering issues with TFAR where I am not being heard over radio but fine when next to them. During OP Righteous Eagle Phase 13-16 TF Alpha Breifing I sounded like I had a voice....filter on(Don't know what you call it but its where I sounded like slow-mo) I have no idea why it happened. I restarted TS, didn't work. Then I resarted my computer twice to fix. First restart didn't work, second time it fixed it. This has been happening for about a week now ever since a message pops up when I join a server with TFAR. I will add a screenshot of it down below. Can someone please help me.
A. CYRUS
SPC, USA
Retired

SPC Stone

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Teamspeak/TFAR issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 04:53:55 AM »
I too have been having issues. During ORE phase 13-16 TFC I was having problems with hearing radio transmissions. I could hear direct comms perfect but I would miss orders because I could not hear radio traffic coming over both squad and team net, but I could broadcast over them.  I did a re-install of tfar. We will see if that did anything.
R. STONE
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

K. Gaudet

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »
If you're getting mod errors when starting the game or entering a server, you're going to want to do a fresh reinstall of TFAR. A couple of other suggestions:

• Run Teamspeak as administrator
  • When switching from your primary frequency to your alternate channel, or vice versa, wait a couple of second before pressing your hotkey to trasmit
  • While configuring radio channels, do not leave your alternate channel on the display. Switch back to CH1. If you leave it on the alternate channel, you will not be able to trasmit on CH1

O. Thomas

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 06:50:48 PM »
Also, make sure you upgrade the TS3 files, not just the Arma3 files, when you're doing a reinstall/upgrade of TFAR.