Author Topic: The Periscope - Social Media News and Reaction - 21 April 2015  (Read 7142 times)

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
It is finally here, the latest edition of the Periscope; all of the important social media headlines from across Europe. This week, we return to the ongoing Chernarussian Civil War. And we also return to our favorite blogger @RSTOYA. We do wonder whether he is aware of his recent Periscope fame; yet we do hope at the same time that he remains safe during these troubling times.

@RSTOYA highlights an issue that we are focusing on today. How are the people of Chernarus managing to go about their lives while their country is being fought for, town by town in a blood thirsty game of chess. With the constant fighting over towns and strategic locations, it is a wonder that the basic infrastructure of the beleaguered nation has managed to keep ticking along. Here we see that power and internet is intermittent, but more important commodities like food and water are becoming scarce. To contextualise, in recent media the British Red Cross has highlighted its desire to broaden its mission in Podagorsk to cover Chernarus with the hope of making a difference there too. Hang in there @RSTOYA.

With people becoming desperate and sometimes destitute over night there is no wonder that crime is on the rise in Chernarus. We appear to have located the Chernarus Police Defence Force account, however, since contacting them to see if this account was official, we received no reply. This suggests that these crime fighters are busy at work, or worse, they have been forced to disband due to the large amount crime sweeping through the nation. Unlike the British Red Cross taking a pro-active approach to Chernarus, the international community appears to be moving very slow in regards to the Civil War and a possible peace keeping mission.

Holidays are something which is on many peoples mind at this time of the year, however you will not be going to Chernarus this summer; nor would you want to. Yesterday, many travel agencies added Chernarus to their no fly zone. Although you can legally travel to this part of the world, it will be very difficult for people who are not from the country to gain access. Whether you are passing through, inter-railing, or simply returning home, think twice about entering Chernarus at this point in time.

Returning to the conflict, yesterday marked a day of commemoration for the RPLA as they remember their dead from the invasion of Podagorsk. Interestingly, they talk of a betrayal, what does this mean? Quite possibly the RPLA feel that the decision to pull out of Podagorsk was the wrong decision. Many of their lower ranks believe that much more could have been thrown against the US forces they were in battle with. Although, this was not the case. RPLA commanders took to choosing their battles carefully. This worked from time to time, but it is obvious that there is now some dissent in the organisation. Maybe in the future we will see an even more determined and fanatic RPLA. We fear for the Chernarussian governmental forces who will surely bare the brunt of this recent turn of events. For more social media news and analysis, check out the next edition of the Periscope.

Hal Morris - The Periscope

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play

** The tweets are fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

Re: The Periscope - Social Media News and Reaction - 21 April 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »
Happy to see another update by S-2. Keep up the great work, guys!

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:23:27 PM »
Seems like the RPLA have some internal issues brewing, could we see a split between the more fanatical people in their ranks? It will be interesting to watch unfold. One thing is for sure, if people are being denied food and water something has to be done.

/salute, for the amazing work done by S-2 once again

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
Thanks you two, I wonder Barraco, are these news reports one of the reasons you decided to come to Havoc 2?  8)
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
Ill be completely honest SGT Hart, I chose to go where we had the most openings for medics. Which I figured would be the most helpful to the 506th, BUT it seems its also worked in my favor ;) and I got to go where I wanted as well... /salute
Thanks you two, I wonder Barraco, are these news reports one of the reasons you decided to come to Havoc 2?  8)

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
Certainly does, it means you can chat with me and CPL Nelson about future articles  :)
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
Certainly does, it means you can chat with me and CPL Nelson about future articles  :)

HOOAH!

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »

HOOAH!

Hooah! Good to have you!
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
Glad to be here! Thanks 2LT Hart /salute

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 05:20:25 PM »
Feel like I check the forums everyday waiting for the next article, keep up the great work!
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
Feel like I check the forums everyday waiting for the next article, keep up the great work!

Same here!