Author Topic: PUBLIC VIETNAM MISSION  (Read 9406 times)

Ellesmere

PUBLIC VIETNAM MISSION
« on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »
MISSION WILL TAKE PLACE AT 2000 EST (1900 CST, 0100 GMT)

Rules:

#1: No Metagaming. Exploiting the JIP system or spectator script to allow your self to respawn will result in you being barred from all future missions.(Deaths via ARMA are an exception to this rule, if you are killed by terrain etc. If this is the case poke me on teamspeak and I will address the issue do not reconnect without approval)

#2: No bitching. If you are killed take it like a man, these missions are designed to be difficult and at least 30% casualties are to be expected. Many missions will have multiple runs in short succession.

#3: No flaming. Simple, if you give other players a hard time for no good reason you will be removed. I have a zero tolerance policy for drama, there will be a debrief session after each mission where constructive criticism will be allowed.

#4: Play your role: Picked a medic role? Then don't be the one to pick up the MMG if it goes down, leave that to the ammo man or a rifleman. Likewise with lower tier roles such as riflemen and grenadiers, following the orders of your superiors is a must and any reports of lone wolfing will be dealt with by dismissal from the mission.

WARNING ORDER
Unofficial Vietnam Ironman mission, 10JAN2014, 1900 CST.

Time: 0700
Weather: Overcast, Foggy.

1.SITUATION
US Forces have recently been involved in the deposition of a communist government in eastern Asia, as a part of BLUFOR commanders objective 1st Company have been assigned to take a fortified island to provide friendly forces with an airstrip and resupply point closer to the Asian mainland. 3rd Platoon has been tasked with the seizure of an enemy FOB designated "Camp Maxwell". Following a number of delays the planned night attack has been cancelled and a dawn assault into the enemy position under cover of fog and bad weather is being commenced. This bad weather has also grounded our air assets and arty support has been prioritized for 1st platoons assault on the airfield.

a.ENEMY FORCES
OPFOR a lightly armed, highly trained militia Platoon.
OPFOR will be primarily defending fixed positions with contact patrols.
OPFOR does have the ability to reinforce with a Platoon sized force from the north of Camp Maxell
OPFOR are not likely to withdraw.

(MLCOA): OPFOR is expected to defend Camp Maxwell and annihilate US Forces at any cost.

b.FRIENDLY FORCES

3rd Platoon, 1st Company

x3 Rifle Squads
x1 Platoon HQ

2.MISSION
3rd platoon will preform a dawn assault into Camp Maxwell (OBJ Daedalus) and prepare for counterattack from the north

3.EXECUTION
3rd Platoon will attack Camp Maxwell from the south, using the fog and defilade as cover and concealment to close the gap. If seizure of camp maxwell is successful 3rd Platoon will dig in for an expected counter attack from an enemy garrison north of Camp Maxwell.

Tasks : 3rd Platoon will deploy as soon as the mission begins and set out to take OBJ Daedalus.

4.COMMAND AND SIGNAL
Platoon CoC is as follows; Alpha -> Bravo -> Charlie
All Assets shall utlize assigned frequencies

5.SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Casualties shall be treated by self-aid, then medic support in the field

Enemy EPW's will be removed back to company HQ's position for holding until they can be evacuated to Battalion HQ

@TFAR
@CBA_A3
@Ellezpak: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byj5IWZBWNI0Wi1QR0EtQjdEeHM/view?usp=sharing
@ASDG Joint Rails: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242

END WARNING ORDER

This mission will be conducted in the coming weeks, on the 10th of January. Slots will be assigned to people on a first come first serve basic with the exception being the Platoon Leader and Squad Leader positions (preference will be given to experienced leaders but junior members may still apply.). You are HIGHLY encouraged not to take a slot if you are not comfortable that you can utilize it to a high standard.

This mission will take at least 2 full squads to accomplish, if you are attending please encourage your friends to come along and make up the numbers.

Gear will be standardized apon deployment, there will be no time to customize your loadout.

What you get is what you get, the loadouts are as follows.

Rifleman/FTL/SL: M4 Carbine, x8 30rd STANAG, x4 30rd STANAG Trace, x2 m67 Frag grenades, x3 M83 Smoke (W), x1 M83 Smoke (G).

Grenadier: As above with m203 and x12 HEDP grenades, x4 White flares, x4 M203 Red Smoke, x4 M203 white smoke.

MG: M60, x7 100 round 7.62mm belts.

To simulate an authentic Vietnam experience only the FTL's and SL's will be carrying radios in a team. If he is killed or has to leave his team mates will be required to retrieve it to remain in communication with platoon command.

Open Slots are posted Below:

Platoon HQ

Platoon Leader:
Platoon SGT:
Platoon Medic:
Platoon Rifleman:

Alpha Squad

Squad Leader: D ODette
Squad Medic: PV2 Russels

FTL (Team 1): WOC Wilson

Machinegunner: PV2 Tramble
Rifleman: PV2 Treser
Grenadier: PV1 O'Connell

FTL (Team 2):PFC Mayhew
Machinegunner: PV2 Rutledge
Rifleman: PFC Ellesmere
Grenadier: PV2 Reed

Bravo Squad

Squad Leader:
Squad Medic:

FTL (Team 1):
Machinegunner:
Rifleman:
Grenadier: G. Knight

FTL (Team 2):
Machinegunner:
Rifleman:
Grenadier:

Charlie Squad

Squad Leader:
Squad Medic:

FTL (Team 1):
Machinegunner:
Rifleman:
Grenadier:

FTL (Team 2):
Machinegunner:
Rifleman:
Grenadier:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:12:52 PM by PFC Ellesmere »

G. Knight

Re: PUBLIC VIETNAM MISSION
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
so, by "public" you mean... O.o

Alexandrov

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:46:54 PM »
pretty sure public mean anyone can join

G. Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:48:36 PM »
You would think.  However, we all know what can happen one when assumes though - trying to avoid being that 'one'...

Ellesmere

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
Anyone can join, FTL and SL slots are being given preferance to 506th/15th MEU members

CW3 (Ret) Wilson

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »
If no one steps up to Platoon Leader/Squad Leader before mission start I can fill-in as Platoon Leader
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:48:45 PM by WOC Wilson »
J. WILSON
CW3, USA
Retired

G. Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 08:04:23 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation.    I can fill in as a Grenadier (first choice) or Infantry if needed.

Russels

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
you should use the vietnam mod, but sign me up anywhere

O'Dette

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 08:31:35 PM »
I'm green to go.

Requesting A Squad, Squad Leader please.

What version of TFAR and CBA do I need for this mission?

Ellesmere

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »
Most recent versions of CBA and TFAR must be running.

Ellesmere

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
you should use the vietnam mod, but sign me up anywhere

The reason that I am not using this is to allow a small file size for pubbers and 15th members. This pack also allows me as a mission maker an insane amount of scenario choices and will allow me to do furthur missions with vastly differing plots from 1960's NATO to Modern Afghanistan.

O'Dette

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
This pack also allows me as a mission maker an insane amount of scenario choices and will allow me to do furthur missions with vastly differing plots from 1960's NATO to Modern Afghanistan.

I really hope I'm in town (or have a computer at school) when you decide to do a "Cold War Gone Hot" scenario.

Simmering

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
I don't know if I read it wrong or something but the m4 carbine wasnt used until 1994.

G. Knight

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
I don't know if I read it wrong or something but the m4 carbine wasnt used until 1994.

Maybe due to lack of M16 in game?

Ellesmere

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »

Further missions will use a different mod pack, this mission was made by myself several weeks ago and as a result doesnt have RH M4/16 pack. My future public missions will use a final pack which will contain era weapons.