Author Topic: Need serious tech help..  (Read 6402 times)

Tramble

Need serious tech help..
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »
Today was going to be my first FTX, i cant seem to join the game at all..

Steps i took,
- Updated all mods that needed to be updated
- Im using arma 3 sync so i just launch the game
- Join the server
- Im in the lobby, joined my correct spot

Problem,
- The loading screen hits 25%  ( i waited for 5min ) then i realize that my arma 3 crash...

The fixes i try,
-Restart my steam
- Ask members if my mods is all good.
- verify cache files intergity
- put all settings to medium instead of ultra..

VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtDS5O1rHvk&feature=youtu.be

D. Brown

Re: Need serious tech help..
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
I had a similar issue months ago and solved it by adding in this additional parameter.

-malloc=system

Also, you should have probably hidden the password in the video since you released it publicly.

Tramble

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:46:18 PM »
ill try that, and sorry forgot about that lol.. will be setting video for only us 506th can watch..

SSG (Ret) J. Patterson

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Try using arma 3 launcher or a different launcher instead of arma 3 sync with only the mods necessary and in your startup parameters try: -cpucount=4 -world=empty -nosplash -malloc=system

NOTE: CPU count should only be 4 if you have a quad-core, if you don't know just delete it from the startup line
J. PATTERSON
SSG, USA
Retired

Tramble

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 11:53:28 PM »
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWrRwP

heres my spec, ill be sure to let you know.. ( probably this friday..) pretty busy atm

but guys keep postin other fixes :P thanks

Tramble

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 02:53:23 AM »
Try using arma 3 launcher or a different launcher instead of arma 3 sync with only the mods necessary and in your startup parameters try: -cpucount=4 -world=empty -nosplash -malloc=system

NOTE: CPU count should only be 4 if you have a quad-core, if you don't know just delete it from the startup line

what does those parameters do? also i think i have quad 4.

SSG (Ret) J. Patterson

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 12:41:14 AM »
go with cpucount=4

the rest of them should just keep system load down during startup. Empty world, no splash screen and system memory. I use a different memory allocator, which improves FPS, you can read about it here: http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=74.0
J. PATTERSON
SSG, USA
Retired

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »

what does those parameters do? also i think i have quad 4.

The parameters do more or less what they sound like, for the most part.

-cpucount=4 Is for if you have a quad-core processor. It tells the game to use all four cores when the program (Arma 3) is running. Not all programs/games are coded to actually use quad/hex/8-core processors, so the parameter tells the program that you have a quad core, and so it should use them, even if it isn't natively known.

-world=empty doesn't load up the game maps on program start. Helps with faster game load speeds, and can help make the client more stable in loading (or so it's been for me).

-nosplash loads the client without splash screens (all those advertisements for game engine, nVidia "The way it's meant to be played", etc). Makes for some faster loading, especially in games where those splash screens can't be skipped (though in some games, this can lead to instability in client).

As for -malloc, I'm not 100% sure. It's not one I've often seen. Hope that's helped answer your question.

Capt (Ret) Morgan

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 03:59:35 AM »
Malloc is in regards memory allocation of you are unaware. It's only required if you use the FPS increase guide as it simply tells the program to follow the memory allocation changes that you installed rather than the default that ArmA 3 has.
G. MORGAN
Capt, USAF
Retired

J. Stevenson

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »
If you have problems with joining in server try to check .rpt file. File location is: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3

IMPORTANT: AppData is hidden folder, and you open .rpt file with notepad (latest one check date and time), and then you search for errors or missing addons. Also you need to connect to server first in order to create .rpt file so you can check what is wrong wit your mods.

Larco

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »
Hi, make sure you have the full version of AiA installed.
http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=142.0

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 11:19:27 PM »
was this every solved and if so what was the solution?
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired