Author Topic: Redo Loadouts  (Read 4525 times)

SPC (Ret) Grover

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Redo Loadouts
« on: June 03, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »
I seem to have toasted my loadouts from RCT training and would like to get them back in order for OSUT this afternoon.

I've tried simply through the virtual arsenal with all the mods loaded, but it appears like some things are missing that are listed in the recruit training guide under the role specific loadouts.  For instance I've noticed that the M83 Smoke Grenade (Yellow) and 100rnd Belt Mag (5.56x45 M855A1) are not available in straight-up virtual arsenal. 

What's the best way to do this?  Do I need to get on a server to do this?

Cheers,

J. GROVER
SPC, USA
Retired

Treyum

Re: Redo Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
They're available is the short answer. The long answer, check the button below the magazine button when you're in your vest/backpack. It looks like 3 magazines on top of one another. Under that you'll find the 100/200 round boxes. For the smoke, I'm pretty sure M83 is purely white, we use the M18 for all smoke deployment. Those are located in hand throwables.

P. Marshall

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
I was confused as well for the "m83 yellow smoke" situation. I think that you may have received that information from the "OSUT Student Guide" which I believe is out of date. Also be careful when using the virtual arsenal as some items  will break your loadout when you load into a server. I would recommend using the boxes from within a 506th server to make your load outs just to be on the safe side.

SPC (Ret) Grover

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 09:53:42 PM »
I think I got it sorted.  As Lt. Trey noted, M18 all the way for smokes. 

Out of curiosity, is there a preference between vanilla, ACE, and RHS variants of things?  I'm thinking of the frags and flashes.

I also could not find any 100 round belt ammo, just pouch variants in the 100 rnd.  In-game models seem to look the same between the 100 vs. 200 rnd so perhaps it don't matter.

Cheers,

J. GROVER
SPC, USA
Retired

Treyum

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 11:11:22 PM »
There are preferences for frags and stun, but I don't know them off the top of my head. I know which ones personally, but I can't pin a logo on em. As for ammo, I always had my guys run with M855A1 (Mixed) 200rnd pouches in my FTL days. Not much weight/space difference, and the 200 rounders really allow the 249's to put a lot of lead downrange.

J. Rogers

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »
Hello, I seem to have a loadout problem as well, I went through phase 1 training on Jun 17th, created the loadouts during that class and Friday night July 7th I filled in on a training and my loadouts were all greyed out. I could not load them, luckily my team lead helped me out and gave me the items I needed. After the game that night I loaded up my own game to re-make the loadouts and I noticed I was able to use the saved loadouts. I have phase 2 training this Tuesday and I would like to fix this before the training so I don't hold anyone up or get pushed back to the next one. Is there a place I can load in and get these fixed?

Cheers,

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
ArmA -> Main menu -> Tutorials -> Virtual Arsenal. You can load, edit and re-do any loadout in there, save them and use them in every server.
Hello, I seem to have a loadout problem as well, I went through phase 1 training on Jun 17th, created the loadouts during that class and Friday night July 7th I filled in on a training and my loadouts were all greyed out. I could not load them, luckily my team lead helped me out and gave me the items I needed. After the game that night I loaded up my own game to re-make the loadouts and I noticed I was able to use the saved loadouts. I have phase 2 training this Tuesday and I would like to fix this before the training so I don't hold anyone up or get pushed back to the next one. Is there a place I can load in and get these fixed?

Cheers,
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

J. Rogers

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:21:51 PM »
The issue I have is that I seem to be able to use the loadouts I saved on my side but when I connect to the 506th servers it wouldn't let me load them. Maybe I just need to go through them and see if something is there that shouldn't be or maybe I had the wronged named stuff.

SGT (Ret) F. Mason

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
I had a problem with this as well in the past. My fix was to not have a micro dagger saved in my loadout. It takes a couple more seconds to grab one from the tab in arsenal, but my loadouts started working again after that.
F. MASON
SGT, USA
Retired

J. Rogers

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
I just went through my load outs and I didn't have the micro dagger but I DID have a generic radio in my inventory so I removed it and I hope that fixes it. It has to be something like that, I guess I will find out on Tuesday... Thank you for the replies.

1st Lt Leib

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 05:10:08 AM »
I just went through my load outs and I didn't have the micro dagger but I DID have a generic radio in my inventory so I removed it and I hope that fixes it. It has to be something like that, I guess I will find out on Tuesday... Thank you for the replies.

Unless things have changed since I was last in: don't save your loadouts with a MicroDAGR or a radio. I couldn't begin to guess why the DAGR interferes with things, but I know that the server generates a unique ID for radios when they are put in your inventory and while I know next to diddly about programming and code I imagine that has something to do with it. I put everything in my loadout except for those two things. You can get both from the Arsenal at the start of a training or Operation inside of forty second and can get to setting your channels (especially when as you are acting as a rifleman at the fireteam level) in no time while you are lined up and waiting to move out and start.
C. LEIB
1st Lt, USAF
A-10 Qualified Pilot, 23rd Wing\74th Det

SPC (Ret) Grover

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the Vector should be left out of your saved loadout as well.
J. GROVER
SPC, USA
Retired

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
That correct. The vectors as well as radios can mess up your load outs. So DO NOT save your load out with them in it.
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
I created myself a single player mission with one unit set to Zeus so that I could use the "Create 506 Arsenal" option to play with load outs and ensure they would load correctly in official missions.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired