Author Topic: Mod issues  (Read 3863 times)

Fallon

Mod issues
« on: June 13, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »
I checked everything earlier today after I got the welcome aboard messagd, and the mods worked fine then  (game launched), came home about an hour ago and now I'm getting userconfig errors.

I've replaced the userconfig folder with the one from the 506th mod pack again, as well as redownloaded it and used the one from that, and I'm still getting the "include file" error. Any ideas what I broke while I wasn't home?

Bingham

Re: Mod issues
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
When you load into the game and you sit on the menu, it won't give you any errors because your not connected to anything that is dependent on certain mods and such. To fix your issue, drag your userconfig folder provided with the 506 and drop into the main directory of arma 3 or where you would drop a mod folder.

Fallon

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »
That's how I have it currently. Pathing is correct as far as I can tell, and nothing is different in name (i.e. "Userconfig" instead of "userconfig" and whatnot). If there was a miscommunication, the error I get is on launch.

Pathings&folders:

Error:

So I'm not sure what I broke, and like I said, it was letting me launch earlier today, now it isn't, and I'm all out of ideas on what to do to fix it. :/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:10:23 PM by Diaffios »

Bingham

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »
You need to drag the TFAR userconfig folder into the userconfig folder in the main directory

Fallon

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
You need to drag the TFAR userconfig folder into the userconfig folder in the main directory

I have, you can see all the paths in the first screenshot. As it stands now:

D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_settings.hpp

Is the directory for the file that is "missing." Which puts the TFAR in the userconfig folder which is in the Arma 3 root directory.

Bingham

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:30 PM »
You need the folder for TFAR USERCONFIG in the userconfig folder itself .

Fallon

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »
So, d:\SteamLibrary\....\userconfig\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_settings.hpp ?

Why is that even a thing when it comes to pathing.. /sigh

Fallon

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 12:35:41 AM »
I think we're stuck saying the same thing but not realizing it. If possible can you post a screenshot of your userconfig folder and it's subsequent subfolders? Would like to see if they match what I have. Or if I'm missing something, because as far as I can tell everything is correct, and the way you're wording it is the way I have it currently.

Thanks in advance :)

1LT (Ret) Bernal

• 60A Operational Medicine
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
When you download TFAR, you should get 2 separate folders.
 - userconfig folder (and all contents) goes in your Arma directory

- TFAR folder (and all contents) goes in your TeamSpeak folder located in Program Files (x86)

Its been awhile since I had to do this myself, and I'm at work so I can't take you step by step.
R. BERNAL
1LT, USA
Retired

Capt (Ret) Morgan

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »

The images as you requested.  Though your setup looks identical to mine so I am not sure what this might be so I'll do a bit of digging myself and get back to you if I find anything, provided you haven't solved it by then.
G. MORGAN
Capt, USAF
Retired

Fallon

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 02:39:13 PM »
Thanks. I've re-downloaded both the 506 and TFAR. if I deactivate tfar, I get an issue for pushtohear, which makes no sense either since that's correct as far as I can see.

Launching my launcher as administrator says I'm running 1.52 for the game version but mods all work. (No idea why I get 1.52 as a version though)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:56:19 PM by Diaffios »

Fallon

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »
Could it be an issue that my steam library is just rooted on my D:\ drive? It's not in a program files folder.

Bazarnicki

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »
Could it be an issue that my steam library is just rooted on my D:\ drive? It's not in a program files folder.
Shouldnt be, nope. I have my steam games installed all over the place on 3 separate hard drives and it works fine...

Fallon

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »
Shouldnt be, nope. I have my steam games installed all over the place on 3 separate hard drives and it works fine...

That's what I thought, but you never know

Fallon

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »
I'm currently doing a clean install of both game and all the mods, so hopefully that'll clear up this issue, if not I'm all out of ideas.