Author Topic: TL Question  (Read 1849 times)

J. Carter

TL Question
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »
Heya everyone,

I have a quick question regarding coop missions and leadership.  I have made a series of missions for a friend which has him in command of a team, one player with several AI units under him.  Everything goes great until the player gets killed, he re-spawns as another unit in the group, which is what I want, but he has lost all leadership ability (no more team commands available).  Is there an easy way to set it up so that the player retains command of the unit even if he gets whacked and repawns as a new player in the same unit?

I'm a total noob to scripting, my total Arma3 scripting experience is copying and pasting lines I've found in the Init boxes on units to change their stances.  Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. I have not signed up for the 506th yet as I am currently building a new PC but will be sighing up as soon as its done, I hope its OK if I ask questions like this here without being a full member yet.  Let me know if its an issue.  Thanks!

Jason

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: TL Question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:23:16 PM »
You may have better luck with this question on Bohemia's forums
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

SGT (Ret) Padgett

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »
You are always free to ask questions on this forums, good luck on you PC build, we have a computer hardware thread located here     http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?board=104.0 if you want to show it off. Thanks for your interest in the 506thIR, see you in the field.
C. PADGETT
SGT, USA
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »
I wouldn't know how to do that in vanilla Arma, but I know in ACE 3, players have the ability to self interact and become the leader of the group.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

J. Carter

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
I had no idea ACE3 had that function!  That works perfectly, thanks guys!