Author Topic: Aviators - How do I apply trim to my Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle?  (Read 2444 times)

CW4 Stowe

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
Recent training and FTX flights has shown an increasingly annoying reality that my "Z Rotation" switch on my Thrustmaster TWCS HOTAS has a constant twitch that causes my aircraft to constantly bank to the right.  During calibration I noticed it twitching consistently without being moved, otherwise the movement left and right is still what I expect to see.

I have recalibrated the TWCS through the Windows Joystick screen to no avail.  Is there a way to trim the device through Arma or other software?  The TWCS is almost 12 months old with a lot of flight time between training, operations, FTX, and fun ops. 

Any advice?

Tony
T. STOWE
CW4, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

CW4 Stowe

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
Re: Aviators - How do I apply trim to my Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »
After more testing and trying the Arma Trim options (RCtrl+4[NUM] or RCtrl+6[NUM]) I conclude that my Z Rotation lever is damaged! As if I needed another reason to grab a Warthog setup... :)  Anyway, the solution was to remove that lever from my controls altogether and everything was flying beautifully.

Tony
T. STOWE
CW4, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry