Author Topic: International Times, 18NOV16: American Forces Completes Deployment  (Read 4062 times)

J. Wade

U.S. soldiers from the 506th Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division have successfully completed their deployment to Al Rayak.

After crushing the Erzikistan Republic People’s Army (ERPA), mainly defectors from the Iranian 83rd Infantry Division, the American soldiers are expected to fly back home within a week or so. Although no precise date have been given to the press due to operational security (OPSEC), U.S. helicopters have been spotted moving supplies back to Airbase Minnesota and loaded into C-130J Hercules.

Courtesy of U.S. Army Public Affairs.

Throughout the campaign in Al Rayak, American soldiers went through an amazing amount of firefights while sustaining a reasonable amount of casualties. That said, many wounded U.S. soldiers were flown back to Germany for medical care and are expected to be present for the return of their brothers-in-arms.

During an award ceremony back at Airbase Minnesota, where more than 50 soldiers received the Middle Eastern Campaign Medal (MECM), we were able to talk to Private First Class Kevin Gaudet about his deployment experience as a combat medic.

“I know we've done some good here and I've made more brothers during this deployement than I could have expected. But we've lost quite a few. Some who have made me a better soldier and person, others who kept me going and level-headed during our time here in Al Rayak. I hope that they are never forgotten, because they are the true heroes,” PFC Gaudet proudly told me with his new medal pinned to his chest.

Adding to that, one of the A-10 pilots deployed in Al Rayak is now the first ace pilot since the end of the Vietnam War. Captain Ryan Soto flew an impressive amount of sorties and was vital to push back the ERPA. Captain Soto has been interviewed by Grunt Talks recently and the interview will be available soon, according to the prestigious magazine.

The Middle Eastern Campaign Medal (MECM) has been awarded to soldiers who participated in at least 3 phases of Operation Righteous Eagle. The citation is as follows:

“Outstanding performance during the Erzikistan Campaign, which has seen the 506th Infantry Regiment Realism Unit being deployed to the Kalu Khan and Al Rayak regions of the nation during Operation Righteous Eagle.  All personnel involved maintained a high level of professionalism and aptitude in the conduct of their duties during the second combat deployment since the establishment of the Unit. The success of the campaign and the conduct of all personnel involved, brings great credit upon the 506th Infantry Regiment Realism Unit, and the standards we all strive to achieve.”

Although many setbacks made the campaign more difficult for the 506th IR, its leadership and soldiers made it possible and were instrumental in restoring the peace in Al Rayak. According to many civilians, the crushing defeat of the ERPA and the tirelessly efforts of the American forces will improve their quality of life and will most likely give them the peace they deserve.

It is believed the troops will soon be heading home for a much needed break and time with their families. However, knowing the operational tempo will remain high due to the current international situation, it is expected that the soldiers of the 506th will start a new training cycle before deploying again in harm’s way.

Eugene Rye
International Times

This news report is a work of fiction to support 506IR ARMA Realism Unit gameplay
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:28:16 PM by WO1 J. Wade »

Turnbull

Re: International Times, 18NOV16: American Forces Completes Deployment
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
A good read as always nice work.

SGT (Ret) Reilly

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:20:56 PM »
Good stuff as always
S. REILLY
SGT, USA
Retired

SGT Tosco

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 03:27:02 PM »
It's always strange hearing about what you just did, on the news.
D. TOSCO
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

Leeds

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:21 PM »
Awesome read. Glad to hear we're pulling everyone back home now after great success. I'm at Landstuhl Regional right now on my phone, they say I'm going to lose my left nut.
See you boys very soon! Hooah!

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
It never even occurred to me that Capt Soto would now be our first ace pilot since Vietnam. Something interesting to imagine.

Good read overall 10/10!
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

Munson

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 09:38:03 PM »
Fantastic,  thanks for the read.

Tommy Marino

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 11:54:57 PM »
Great read! Excited for my deployment after training!

1st Lt (Ret) Barba

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 03:04:07 AM »
Outstanding work as always, keep it up!
C. BARBA
1st Lt, USAF
Retired