Author Topic: How to work in realism time  (Read 3734 times)

M. Thompson

How to work in realism time
« on: April 29, 2015, 10:37:38 PM »
college, work, elder scrolls online coming to ps4, and just life

hey all im 19 years of age college student recently graduated from high school works outside of school to pay for books and fees. im bout to start another job working 6am CST - 4pm CST most likely and school monday-thursday and working Friday to Sunday. my cousin says that Arma 3 units are basically second jobs the 15th meu got near that point  i can see the reasons behind needing an active player base and all now id like to know how do the people outside of high school who work and have life obligations manage to add this into their schedule with out sacrificing stuff.

Whitacre

Re: How to work in realism time
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:59 PM »
Well if you don't hold any secondary billets, that is to day S-1/S-2 etc and just fill a normal billet like a rifleman, at most you are looking at 2-4 hours per week on off weeks. 6-7 on weeks you have an operation. Maybe a bit more depending on how your training schedule is. All said, that really isn't that much time. Those with limited time generally don't spend much time playing computer games outside ARMA 3, so their free time goes here and there.

If this is something you really want to do, and you have limited time, you would just have to prioritize your free time to ARMA 3. It isn't for everyone for sure, but there are so many who love it, it is worth it for them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:02:12 PM by SGT Whitacre »

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:50:22 PM »
One of the main upsides to being out of school and working full-time is that I rarely, if ever, have homework, and my evenings and weekends belong to me. Time management is an important skill - think of your time like money, or any other resource you have. You get to choose how to spend it by weighing what's important in your life and how much time you want to dedicate to it. Being in this unit is not at all like a second job (can confirm, have worked two jobs, and have also played EVE Online) - your time commitment to the unit tends to only be about 6-8 hours a week, provided you're not in a leadership position or have additional responsibilities.

That said, as fun and rewarding as being in this unit is, I wouldn't rank it above school or work, which were your two main concerns. Never let gaming get in the way of making responsible life choices. If you want to and are able to carve out that much time, then feel free to apply and join, but please don't let the 506th come between you  and your hopes and dreams.

M. Thompson

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
well said joyce i appreciate the responses i will give it some thought and see how i can attempted to find some time here and there i have no trouble being a rifleman and such though being a medic was fun :)