Author Topic: Basic Intoduction of Myself  (Read 2919 times)

Citrano

Basic Intoduction of Myself
« on: September 26, 2018, 01:26:38 AM »
Hey guys,

My name is Garrett Citrano. I just completed my Recruit Training earlier this evening, and I am excited to be a part of this awesome unit! I am currently a full-time college student studying Marine Biology, so if you guys wanna learn about some cool shark stuff I'm your guy lol. I am ready to get to know you guys and looking forward to the future relationships that will be formed. Excited for the rest of training and can't wait to join in on my first OP! See you guys on the battlefield!

Best regards,
PV1 Citrano

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Basic Intoduction of Myself
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 01:56:10 AM »
Welcome aboard Private. Hope you enjoy training - it may not feel like it at the time, but they're memories that'll stick with you.

Remember that we're all a family here so make use of your ability to fill in with trainings, make some friends and never be afraid to ask questions - give yourself a good head-start on OSUT.

- SSgt Hardman
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:01:12 AM »
Welcome to the Unit Private,
Like SSgt Hardman said, don't be afraid to ask questions to any member, preferably ask the Recruiters, or the Instructors of Recruit Training or OSUT once you go down that training pipeline. And most of all, have fun in everything you do here in your future career.
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:48:58 AM »
I'm not usually suspicious of new guys, but you seem fishy..........yeah I'm that guy, welcome.
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Citrano

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »
I'm not usually suspicious of new guys, but you seem fishy..........yeah I'm that guy, welcome.

I love it  8)

Citrano

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Private. Hope you enjoy training - it may not feel like it at the time, but they're memories that'll stick with you.

Remember that we're all a family here so make use of your ability to fill in with trainings, make some friends and never be afraid to ask questions - give yourself a good head-start on OSUT.

- SSgt Hardman

By fill in, what exactly do you mean? I've seen this a couple times and was wondering...

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »
PV1 Citrano,

Sure so "fill in" basically means to fill a billet temporarily.

For example, let's say that Havoc 1-1 is doing squad training, and their AR from Alpha is away (sick, IRL things, etc).
In Teamspeak's Global Chat, you'll see a call go out "Havoc 1-1 requesting 1x 11B fillin".
When you see that, go ahead and join Havoc 1-1's channel, and an NCO will assign you to a place "PV1 Citrano you'll be AR for Alpha".

Once you complete OSUT, you'll be assigned to your primary billet (this is explained more if you pass your Day 4 test) - this primary billet is the position you "must" fill when events come along, so your weekly squad trainings etc, and anything other than these "required" events are "fillins"

I hope that clears things up but if you still have questions - let me know!

- SSgt Hardman
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired