Author Topic: My enlistment  (Read 4450 times)

A. Fedor

My enlistment
« on: December 17, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
i have joined the UNIT, but have yet to attend training and such, i have had many things going on these fgew weeks, i have 3 kids (about to be 4) and xmas is always a bussssssy time of years for my wife and i, nonetheless i will be attending training and such wheni have the time, dont forget about me!!!
thanks for your understanding
-fedor

Hito

Re: My enlistment
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »
A. Fedor,

Right now the unit is in Winter Stand Down, this ends on 2Jan16, all the official activities will resume after the WSD. Remember as a Recruit you have 45 days to complete your training as established on the 506th IR New Join Policy. I would recommend you if you have some problems to complete your training get in contact with your recruiter  let them know about your inconveniences.

Happy Holidays,

Whitacre

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »
Remember as a Private you have 45 days to complete your OSUT training as established on the 506th IR New Join Policy.

Fixed.

There is no record kept for recruits. They need simply have an accepted application, and still adhere to the guidelines (not dual-clanning, etc).

Waller

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
Remember as a Private you have 45 days to complete your OSUT training as established on the 506th IR New Join Policy.

Fixed.

There is no record kept for recruits. They need simply have an accepted application, and still adhere to the guidelines (not dual-clanning, etc).

My understanding was, that the time for applicants to finish recruit training is 30 days, while OSUT is 45 days. If you write your instructor however, he may grant you an extension doubling the time at your disposal. Once the time runs out you'll need to reapply.

However as we are in WSD as mentioned by SPC Hito you don't need to worry about it too much.

Whitacre

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 03:50:47 PM »
My understanding was, that the time for applicants to finish recruit training is 30 days...

I am not sure where that information came from, but if you could point me to it, I would appreciate it.

Eagas

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
Gentlemen,
Please correct me if I am wrong.  I have been under the assumption that the 45 day clock to complete Phase II would be frozen during Winter Stand Down. 

SSG (Ret) Cast

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
First of apologizes Mr Fedor for people confusing you.

1) You have no time limit to complete recruit training. If it is an insane amount of time from when you put in your application, then you may be asked to do another application. It's just to make sure all your information is correct and the background information is still valid.

2) When you complete recruit training you will become a Private, at which point you 45 days to complete OSUT. If you need more time you can apply for an extension which gives you an extra 45 days. So 90 total.

3) During Winter Stand Down, none of this is in affect. The 45 day thing for OSUT won't start up again until about the 16JAN.

Short answer is your fine, don't worry about it. Enjoy your Christmas and wish your wife good luck from us :)
L. CAST
SSG, USA
Retired

A. Fedor

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »
Lawl, thanks Cast!