Author Topic: Macbook Pro in Parallel?  (Read 4137 times)

Abee

Macbook Pro in Parallel?
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »
My friend is getting a new Macbook Pro with i7 and 2GB graphics built in. He wants to know if anyone has experinece in running ARMA 3, especially with the 506th, on a Macbook in parallel. Any help in this matter will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

O'Dette

Re: Macbook Pro in Parallel?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
As someone who has a Mac...

Don't.

I don't even pretend to understand the intricacies of a Windows emulator on a Mac, let alone trying to deal with a game that could easily melt a Mac when even War Thunder has its issues.

Just tell him to get a PC.

CPT (Ret) Richardson

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »
Depending on which mac book pro he gets, your looking at a $2,000 expense. With that much you can build an amazing desktop PC that will run ARMA way better and have the freedom to upgrade as time goes on.
M. RICHARDSON
CPT, USA
Retired

CPT (Ret) Clark

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
I don't know why you would buy a Macbook to play games.
J. CLARK
CPT, USA
Retired

SGM (Ret) De Leo

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:14:43 PM »
I only have professional experience with Mac, so I wouldn't know. But, here's something I know: if you consider him a friend, try and talk him out of it. Like my fellow troopers said, you can get a pretty amazing pc, for the price of a Macbook pro.
L. DE LEO
SGM, USA
Retired

Abee

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
Thanks guys. I fwded him all of your comments. It was a work decision, not his personal decision, but as it turns out, work has now given him the option to get a comparable Windows laptop instead of the Macbook. So he is now looking at a Lenovo with i7, nVidia 2GB graphics, and 16GB ram. I think he's on the right path now.  8)

Thanks for all the feedback. We just needed to get his head in the right direction. Job well done.