Author Topic: SQUAD launch on Steam  (Read 9523 times)

Conway

Re: SQUAD launch on Steam
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 08:03:27 PM »
If anyone needs help getting SweetFX running with Squad let me know.  This game kinda' requires it to not be a blurry mess beyond 50-75m.  It also really helps with trees.

SweetFX 2.0 = Enabled
MSAA = Off (Optional)
FXAA = Off

...trust me on this.
Yes Yes Yes, Calais if I can see enemies past 10 metres. Send this my way.

I thought that the multicam was the reason I couldn't see enemies half the time lol... but hey, I'd like to get the files for Sweet FX as well.

akoch

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »
If anyone needs help getting SweetFX running with Squad let me know.  This game kinda' requires it to not be a blurry mess beyond 50-75m.  It also really helps with trees.

SweetFX 2.0 = Enabled
MSAA = Off (Optional)
FXAA = Off

...trust me on this.
Yes Yes Yes, Calais if I can see enemies past 10 metres. Send this my way.

And my way please

Bryer

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 07:09:38 AM »
3rd in line

L. Benson

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »
I just bought it. Ow, my wallet hurts now.

Calais

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 11:51:12 AM »
Gents',
Sorry for the delay.  Go download SweetFX here, unzip it in your downloads folder, and follow these steps:

1. Launch "Squad" and set it to Borderless.  It has to be Borderless otherwise it will continue to crash when the SweetFX .dlls are in place.

2. Exit Squad.

3. Navigate back to the location you unzipped SweetFX, open the folder, and run "ReShade Setup.exe"

4. Click on "Select Game" and when prompted navigate to your Squad 64bit.exe ([...]steamapps -> common -> squad -> squad -> binaries -> Win64).

5.  The ReShase Setup executable should auto detect your API, and you will have 1 folder and 4 additional files in your Squad Win64 folder.

6.  At this point you can launch squad through Steam.  You DO NOT need to launch squad from the ReShade Setup tool.  You don't even need to keep the unzipped ReShade SweetFX files on your system.  Just don't mess with the ones inside of your Win64 folder unless you want to remove ReShade SweetFX.

7.  When you're in the game make sure to set all AA (No MS, FX, or T) to off.  You might be able to get away from some MSAA, but any amount will make the image blurry past 75 - 100m.  You will be using your Scroll Lock key to enable/disable SweetFX features (they make it hard to see some text in the menu).

8.  Also, you want to set your "Resolution Scale" to as much as your system can handle while maintaining 30+ fps.  I have mine set to 140% and 1920x1200 w/ a 3770K @ 4.6Ghz and a Titan X @ 1385 Core/7.7Ghz Mem. on a SSD.  I am seeing as low as 45 frames on 75 - 100 man servers.  50 man servers never drop below 55fps.  The is just a reference, your mileage will vary.

Find me on Steam at "Paas" if you need some one-on-one troubleshooting to get this working.  Again, sorry for the response delay.  See you on the less blurry battlefield!

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
I've been in contact with their Dev's for a good few months now and they're really keen to see how many guys we can round up for a huge organized session for their media purposes.

Any chance you could get us a promo code?
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 04:42:43 PM »
I've been in contact with their Dev's for a good few months now and they're really keen to see how many guys we can round up for a huge organized session for their media purposes.

Any chance you could get us a promo code?

Very much doubt it unless we can show we are going to either put a Promo together or host a long term dedicated server.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 01:41:45 AM »
it was worth a shot.
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »
once i can afford it, ill be picking this up. cant wait

McGuire

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
once i can afford it, ill be picking this up. cant wait

It's not a bad game, IF you get a good squad group lol. The shooting mechanics are a little wonky, and there is definitely a few bugs - however that is to be expected for an Alpha stage game. There actually is a fairly large community already, which does make it better than most Alpha games imo. I do wish there was a way to track your "progress" as to how many points you've gather from playing, gives me the sense of purpose when I play lol  :D

Calais

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
The shooting mechanics are a little wonky...

...bruuuuh!  You're being extremely nice.  That entire community is against a proper FOV for engagements, so 100m shots look like 600m shots in ArmA3.  It's mind blowing, but they claim it's in the pursuit of realism (the whole "The human eye doesn't zoom" / missing the point entirely way of thinking).  The recoil is  also pretty bad;  The M4 kicks like a .338, and the AKM kicks like a .50.  Mix this all with not being able to see clearly past 100m and you have a situation where I, as a RPK gunner, required a squad member with Binoculars to spot for 200m shots, and recoil was so excessive that I couldn't keep three round burst on target and had to do the entire engagement on single fire.

But, all that being said it's still fun to work with a well coordinated squad.  It's the only thing that stops me from raging and keeps me coming back.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »
damn... with all that said, ill be waiting for it to go on sale of 50% off or more before i buy it. Thanks for the info... ill stick with ARMA lol

SSG (Ret) J. Patterson

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 06:34:09 PM »
If this were on the winter sale I'd pick it up. Buying the arma 3 dlc and hitman for a dollar.
J. PATTERSON
SSG, USA
Retired

Conway

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 06:25:28 AM »
The shooting mechanics are a little wonky...

...bruuuuh!  You're being extremely nice.  That entire community is against a proper FOV for engagements, so 100m shots look like 600m shots in ArmA3.  It's mind blowing, but they claim it's in the pursuit of realism (the whole "The human eye doesn't zoom" / missing the point entirely way of thinking).  The recoil is  also pretty bad;  The M4 kicks like a .338, and the AKM kicks like a .50.  Mix this all with not being able to see clearly past 100m and you have a situation where I, as a RPK gunner, required a squad member with Binoculars to spot for 200m shots, and recoil was so excessive that I couldn't keep three round burst on target and had to do the entire engagement on single fire.

But, all that being said it's still fun to work with a well coordinated squad.  It's the only thing that stops me from raging and keeps me coming back.

When I play this game I feel like I need a cataract surgery, I don't know / see where I'm getting shot from probably more than 50% of the time. Also yeah the recoils are ridiculous, shooting at something full auto that's more than 10 meters away from you will end bad... Once they fix those two issues the game will be quite decent. But for now I enjoy leading a squad, build a FOB on a objective and defend it, people don't usually argue with what you tell them to do and follow which is nice.