Open Forum > 506th IR RU News and Deployment Updates

International Times Online 30APR15

<< < (2/2)

P Drake:
In the words of Edmund Burke:

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing."

Schram:
     I had written earlier about my thoughts on the political situation in Chernarus.  To take them a step further I have to say I do think the US and NATO will do the right thing. George Orwell said,"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." I agree with that statement and I look forward to being one of those men. That being said, I can also tell you it will be tough going.

Before I joined the Army I spent many months exploring the hills of Chernarus from a campsite at the old Rog castle south of Msta. The countryside is beautiful but tough and it rains like the Pacific Northwest. I don't think I've ever seen as much rain and fog. I can't count the amount of times I hiked from the castle down to Topolka Dam or over to Kamyshovo to get supplies. I can say with certainty though that it never crossed my mind that one day I'd be trodding the same ground with a rifle company.

The ground may be tough but the soldiers walking across it will be much tougher and I can't think of any group of people I'd rather be there with. Currahee!

Moller:
Am I the first to notice that we've already seen that footage, but from a different angle? This was the Rpla checkpoint vid from a few weeks back, where the guard had a gopro and shot the driver and the passengers! Why has this taken so long to come out?

O'Dette:

--- Quote from: PV2 Moller on May 02, 2015, 12:03:56 AM ---Am I the first to notice that we've already seen that footage, but from a different angle? This was the Roland checkpoint vid from a few weeks back, where the guard had a gopro and shot the driver and the passengers! Why has this taken so long to come out?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I noticed that too when I saw it. Certainly does add a bit more perspective, but it doesn't look like he actually had a terribly good view-angle on what happened. But yeah, I wasn't hearing much in the way of returning-fire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version