Author Topic: Wanting to play with the unit before I PCS OCONUS  (Read 2377 times)

Becker

Wanting to play with the unit before I PCS OCONUS
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »
Hey everybody, so I am active duty army currently and I've tried to join this unit a couple times over the last few months during what leave I was able to take while in TRADOC. I recently graduated Airborne school and I'm being assigned to the 173rd out of Vicenza.
I want to play with the unit but I only have 14 days of leave before I PCS. This makes things difficult in getting truly involved in the unit, is there anything I can do to expedite or get involved in what time I do have?
I want to permanently join as I'll have my computer with me in Europe but I want to clear up whats going on before I do.

Thanks,
Becker.

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Wanting to play with the unit before I PCS OCONUS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
The best thing for you to do is to get in contact with one of our Recruiters: http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=4643.0
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Becker

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »
Will do, thanks.

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:46:11 PM »
Mr. Becker,

There are two things here:

1. Your application has been recycled as you failed to complete recruit training within 30 days. To continue entry into the unit, you will need to re-apply.

2. The quickest you could complete the entry pipeline fully is 2 weeks. We are at the start of the OSUT cycle, so you could complete Recruit Training on Tuesday or Thursday, then OSUT Saturday & Sunday this week, then OSUT again either Tuesday & Thursday, or Saturday & Sunday.

After your recruit class you would be ranked PV1 and eligible to participate in funops in the unit, as well as any trainings which occur. If you pass OSUT, you will be ranked PV2 and eligible to participate in everything previously mentioned, as well as Operation Thunderstorm on Saturdays and Sundays.

Other than that, there is no way to "fast track" your application. It simply requires you to put in the time to get it done.

Anything else, feel free to PM me either here, or on Teamspeak.

Respectfully Submitted,

SGT Hardman
Recruiting Office Detachment Personnel
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired