Author Topic: ACE version missmatch mode client error  (Read 3469 times)

SPC (Ret) Colgan

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
ACE version missmatch mode client error
« on: September 21, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »
So I have been trying for many hours to figure this out.   After D/L all the mods and clearing all old mods, installing all required 506th mods I get this error.   saying ACE version missmatch:     ( I have checked and have ACE 3.2.1, as the one supplied in the 506th pack)
Detected missing addon on client
Detected missing addon server.

What does this mean?   need help anyone...   thanks
B. COLGAN
SPC, USA
Retired

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
Re: ACE version missmatch mode client error
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
Are you logging on to the official server? Usually at the bottom left it will tell you which pbos are mismatched.
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

Bingham

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:20 PM »
A lot of the unofficial servers get that error. You can still play however.

SPC (Ret) Colgan

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »
I have tried this on the assualt server, as well as I have tried several times on one of the Havoc servers.   I have deleted the required pbo files Ace weather, Ace- ect, ect,   and no pbo errors show up just the missmatch mode client error and mismatch server erorr.    i am supper frustrated.
B. COLGAN
SPC, USA
Retired

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
In many instances, especially when dealing with non-official servers (servers that aren't for OPs), each server may have settings, mod additions, or other things that you do not. So to have such errors appear isn't out of the ordinary.

If you've installed the mods correctly (there's a video in the recruit section showing step-by-step how to install all the mods), then you've nothing to worry about. Again, unofficial servers tend to have additional mods, maps, settings, and so forth, that differ from your own. So don't use them as any kind of standard for mod installation.

SPC (Ret) Colgan

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 11:29:44 AM »
Well  Not sure what I did but I've seem to fixed the issue....???   I am able to log into game without getting kicked also see all load outs.    Although I did see an ACE error at start up it was just for a server.??    I did do one thing that seems I did different  than before all previous installs and that is:
I made sure there was a #ace sub folder in the userconfig folder,   both in the 506th pack and update I notice there was not one.  so as a fresh install some ppl may not be able to get that sub folder.    Is this true??

Better lucky than good they say      see you at Recruit school!
B. COLGAN
SPC, USA
Retired

Bingham

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
If you get ace errors on any the unofficial op server it's OK you can still play and everything will be fine