Author Topic: Changing something in my signiture  (Read 4401 times)

Windmoor

Changing something in my signiture
« on: May 24, 2015, 02:31:54 AM »
I know I'm not permitted to change my Sig, but I'm also unaware of who to speak to in regards to making a minor change. No disrespect to the USA, but I'm Canadian, and my sig is miss representing me as American. How do I get this changed?

De Vries

Re: Changing something in my signiture
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 02:34:09 AM »
You might be Canadian but you're in the "US Army" now. Everybody has USA in their sig.

SPC (Ret) Faller

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
Speaking as a Canadian with Canadian relatives / friends / acquaintances that have served with the US Army / navy / Air force as an exchange position versus a NATO Posting.  From my understanding you are, for all intents and purposes, a member of the US Forces you are working with.

Though I admit I'd love to wear my Maple Leaf Flag on my Shoulder, that's just not an option in game...we have to Settle for our Flag in TS for now. And we are far from under-represented in this group.

We have been and will always be brothers / Sisters in arms with our friends to the south.

Eventually they will realize they aren't the centre of the universe  :P  ....unlike Toronto...there is no helping them... :D
M. FALLER
SPC, USA
Retired

Johnston

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »
The USA in your signature doesn't stand for United States of America.. It stands for US Army.. Its why our Air Force TACP's and Pilots have USAF in their Sig line.

Biggs

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
If USA is US Army, what is IN?

SPC (Ret) Harrison

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »
IN and the other specializations are only for officers. IN is for an Infantry officer.
N. HARRISON
SPC, USA
Retired

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »
As an enlisted member, you belong to the United States Army, and can in theory, switch MOS's regardless of what role it is.

As an officer, while in rare circumstances you can switch branches, you belong to either the infantry, signal, military intelligence, cyber, armor (includes scouts), aviation, etc.

Officers belong to their branch until they become a General. Hence they are a "General Officer" and no longer belong to a specific branch.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired