Author Topic: Recording Arma Issue  (Read 2738 times)

Waller

Recording Arma Issue
« on: May 21, 2016, 07:49:12 AM »
Hey guys,

I have been trying to get OBS setup for streaming/recording Arma for a while, but it just doesn't seem to work. It recognizes the game as a game capture source and I'm able to add it to the scene, but when I stream and preview all I get is a black screen. Everything is setup correctly and I'm able to stream all other games perfectly fine, except for Arma 3. If anyone could help that would be great!

All programs are being run in administrator mode and the anticheat compability hooking is enabled. I've searched the internet for solutions but to no avail so far.

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Recording Arma Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
Just a idea. Turn Battleeye off. I know at least for me using DXTORY Battle eye simply does not allow it to record. Not sure if this translates to OBS but give it a shot
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

Ellros

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:55:17 PM »

Sometimes Game Capture won't work for certain games.  In which case you can try Window (or Monitor) Capture.  That's what I have had to do for certain games.

SPC Stone

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »
Are you using msi afterburner or rivatuner fps osd? I was having the same issues. When recording I would only get in-game audio and a black screen until I uninstalled both Msi afterburner and rivatuner.
R. STONE
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Waller

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:36:45 PM »
Are you using msi afterburner or rivatuner fps osd? I was having the same issues. When recording I would only get in-game audio and a black screen until I uninstalled both Msi afterburner and rivatuner.

Not using any of these programs. I use a nVidia GTX 760 as a graphics card.

Sometimes Game Capture won't work for certain games.  In which case you can try Window (or Monitor) Capture.  That's what I have had to do for certain games.

Window capture seems to be working fine. Whenever I use window capture it shows arma3 aswell as all the mods in the window capture "definition". Whereas game capture only shows arma3. Might that be the issue? Window capture requires me to play in windowed mode, which I'm not a big fan of. I might switch to shadowplay soon. Trying a few things out with it and it works wonderfully for me so far.

Stukas

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »
Not using any of these programs. I use a nVidia GTX 760 as a graphics card.

If you have an nVidia card have you tried shadowplay?

Waller

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:11 PM »
Ehm... as mentioned above... ;D
Thanks for the input though!

I might switch to shadowplay soon. Trying a few things out with it and it works wonderfully for me so far.

Truscott

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 12:39:58 AM »
+1 for Shadowplay. I just wish you could set multiple PTT keybinds for it.