Author Topic: Soon...  (Read 4921 times)

sabersar

Soon...
« on: September 07, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »
I'll be back on 11b soon ;) In the mean time. What does everyone think about the iPhone 7? Garbage? Yeah? yeah.

SSG Shundo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Soon...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:30:56 AM »
I'll be back on 11b soon ;) In the mean time. What does everyone think about the iPhone 7? Garbage? Yeah? yeah.

You're garbage.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.
he's my cousin.

No but really did they change anything? I didn't bother looking at the announcement.
C. SHUNDO
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
They removed some stuff.
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

K. Gaudet

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »
Better see you in 2-1!

SGT (Ret) Albert

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
I think they are trying to introduce new innovations but removing headphone jack was dense, since now you cant walk in  the store and buy pair of headphones. Although, I see what they are trying to do to compete with s7 edge and have waterproof functionality. I tried using iphone 6s, then I used s7 edge  but in terms of speed and ability to perform many tasks s7 edge gets an A+.  Also, I use my phone for other things like storing work related videos, music, files and emails. Having ability to expand your memory up to 200GB without paying additional cost like iphone is fantastic.  Comparing iphone 7 to s7 edge, with samsung you are just getting more in terms for hardware specification and functionality. I am not really impressed with  new iphone seems like the same iphone 6 but in different case.
I. ALBERT
SGT, USA
Retired

SSG Shundo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
I think they are trying to introduce new innovations but removing headphone jack was dense, since now you cant walk in  the store and buy pair of headphones. Although, I see what they are trying to do to compete with s7 edge and have waterproof functionality. I tried using iphone 6s, then I used s7 edge  but in terms of speed and ability to perform many tasks s7 edge gets an A+.  Also, I use my phone for other things like storing work related videos, music, files and emails. Having ability to expand your memory up to 200GB without paying additional cost like iphone is fantastic.  Comparing iphone 7 to s7 edge, with samsung you are just getting more in terms for hardware specification and functionality. I am not really impressed with  new iphone seems like the same iphone 6 but in different case.

I think the only reason I'm impressed with the iPhone 7 is because i'm still on the iPhone 5 which is about to hit 4 years old in like a week or two. So any phone looks pretty good to me haha. But I saw that it comes with a 3.5mm jack to lightning connector adapter so you can just get headphones from the store and plug them in
C. SHUNDO
SSG, USA

CPT Drumheller

• 18A Special Forces Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 07:13:10 PM »
We're all PC gamers here. Get an andriod.

If you can install mods and get ArmA working, you can damn sure use the phone platform that gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want, how you want, instead of some locked-down piece of garbage.
J. DRUMHELLER
CPT, SF
Commanding Officer, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
Amen, CPT. Well said.

I fucking hate Iphones. Proprietary software is shit and non upgradeable, non serviceable devices are stupid.

I have a piece of diagnostics software called Torque Pro. Works on any OBD2 compatible car, costs $4.95 AUD and works with a bluetooth adapter that cost $15 AUD. To purchase the equivalent proprietary device (Automotive scan tool) costs $5000 - $15000 depending on brand and capability. And none of the ones in that price range can utilise google maps to perform live data logging on your local race track. Or highway. Or your mother in law's back lawn if you so wish. I can monitor any of the sensors on the vehicle, I can scan and reset fault codes, it even has a search facility to tell you what the fault codes mean and how to diagnose and fix it.

Apple aint got anything close. The nearest they come is with Engine Link. Less than a 10th of the ability for double the price.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:15:37 AM by SGT Beard »
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired

CPT Hammersmain

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »
I haven't used an android since the original Motorola Droid.  That thing was a POS.  At the time it was the only smartphone offered by Verizon outside of Blackberry so that was my only option.   

My iPhone 4s lasted 3 years and I haven't looked back since.  That was the best phone I ever owned hands down.  The hardware and software make iPhones extremely long lasting rather than it dying from software or hardware issues after 8 months (*cough* android/moto *cough). 

For me I don't require much outside of what the iPhone provides.  I'm sure a lot has improved on android so I am curious about switching back if I could to see what all of the hype is about.  Fortunately my work pays for my phone so I am not able to switch unless the company decides to make the move -- until then my hands are tied.  With that being said I have no complaints about the iPhone with my limited, old person needs.  Since I was due for an upgrade at work, the new iPhone 7 will be in my hands by Monday. 

At least I have a beast gaming rig -- so I have that going for me, which is nice.  I think most of us can agree Mac OS is the true enemy here, right?  Common ground? Maybe?       
R. HAMMERSMAIN
CPT, USA

MSG J. Brewer

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Combat Element
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 11:28:37 AM »
I press buttons on my phone and it lets me talk to other people.
J. BREWER
1SG, USA

CPT Hammersmain

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
I press buttons on my phone and it lets me talk to other people.

Surprised you even know what the internet is after being offline this long ;-) (miss you)
R. HAMMERSMAIN
CPT, USA

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 11:57:09 AM »
Phone is my least favorite app.  Other people are the worst.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 04:49:11 PM »
We're all PC gamers here. Get an andriod.

If you can install mods and get ArmA working, you can damn sure use the phone platform that gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want, how you want, instead of some locked-down piece of garbage.

This is when we learn the sad truth that SGT Shundo has been playing Arma on a Mac all along.  :o
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

SSG Shundo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »
I got an iPhone 7. My iPhone 5 lasted 4 years and was fine. Hopefully this one lasts me at least 5 years. I don't do anything other than texting, calls, emails, and shit like weather app and small things like that. So we shall see if I like it or not.
C. SHUNDO
SSG, USA

Gostrydr

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »