Author Topic: Open for Discussion  (Read 61608 times)

1LT (Ret) Walls

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Open for Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
You need to copy the application form and paste it in a new thread in the recruiting section. Then answer all of the questions and submit it.
B. WALLS
1LT, USA
Retired

CPT Drumheller

• 18A Special Forces Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
Do most people retain the same rank if they were from the 15th? See some people have the same ranks for the most part.

Where applicable, we will be accepting lateral transfers from the 15th. Obviously if you go to a billet that is rank capped at a lower rank than your 15th rank, you will be reduced in rank appropriately. On top of that, you can even ask for a further reduction in rank if you want something to work towards(I don't think anyone has actually taken that option so far).
J. DRUMHELLER
CPT, SF
Commanding Officer, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG

SSG (Ret) Degeratu

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »
Just out of curiosity since the 506th will have a Bradley billet open sometime in the future, which variant of the Bradley will there be employed? Or will it be mission dependent?
M. Degeratu
SSG, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »
Hey, you guys might know me from the 15th.

I'm just wondering some basics about switching over to here. How long is BCT/AIT, when are trainings and operations, etc.?

Just basically all I'd need to know to hop in.

Also, is there a reserve option for those who have school and can't play?

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »
Evening, this is Cpl Maines from the 15th. May I respectfully request the TeamSpeak Information to say hello to some mates that have joined?
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

SPC Maines

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?board=43.0

Apologies, Captain, but It seems I do not have access to this part of the board. I have been contacted the information though, thank you. Also, this leads me to my next question.

What is the policy on Full Time S-1, -2, -3, and -4 Positions? Is this possible?
Z. MAINES
SPC, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1LT (Ret) Marsden

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
I have a question:

Once (and if) my application is accepted, will I be placed in a unit immediately or will I have to wait until there are instructors/staff/system in place for basic training?

Thanks,
Marsden
N. MARSDEN
1LT, USA
Retired

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:48 PM »
To answer your question, if you are a new join to the 506th and not part of the mass transfer from our former unit you will be required to attend a recruit training session and then AIT which will likely be 3-4 2 hours game play sessions.

Recruit training is starting this weekend. Our Recruiting Chief is coming online this weekend as well. There will not be a significant delay in processing new joins. AIT (Advanced Individual Training) is still under development but is expect to be completed by the end of next week.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

M. Williams

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 04:13:55 PM »
I hate to bring up a question that has already been stated but since it isn't posted anywhere public yet I have to ask. Could I have the Teamspeak IP? I would love to have a place to hang out while waiting to be processed and see people I know from the 15th.

1LT (Ret) Marsden

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 05:28:07 PM »
Thank you Captain, much appreciated!

Now if my application can just get accepted...  ;)
N. MARSDEN
1LT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
Thank you Captain, much appreciated!

Now if my application can just get accepted...  ;)

You and me both, my friend.

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
We are asking for patience with applications, there is a lot that goes into the unit, lots of documents to be written, etc. There are dozens of people behind the scenes consistently working.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
We are asking for patience with applications, there is a lot that goes into the unit, lots of documents to be written, etc. There are dozens of people behind the scenes consistently working.

Trust me, I'm not complaining about the wait. I completely understand that you guys are having to sort through a lot.

So, Nagel, what do you do in the 506th?

1LT (Ret) Marsden

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
Sorry guys, I was just teasing. I totally understand that you guys are building a new unit from the ground up. I know it takes a ton of effort, people, and time. I appreciate the amount of work everyone is putting in.
N. MARSDEN
1LT, USA
Retired