Author Topic: Stupid mod idea  (Read 1953 times)

SPC (Ret) Cyrus

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
Stupid mod idea
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:24:12 PM »
Lately i have been talking to a group of ex military boys at a local restaurant and one of them does play Arma as well. He mentioned something about playing a joke on his milsim group that got me thinking of fun mod idea's. One came up that made me just laugh but was good.

Welcome to the Engine crisis. A engine backfire mod that makes all civilian vehicles have a RNG system that causes the engines to backfire every once in awhile. I know this sounds stupid at first but please listen to the scenario first. A platoon is doing a patrol in a local town, when a civilian cranks his truck up and it backfires. The platoon thinks it hears a gunshot and gets ready for combat. They dismiss it when the truck drives by and this happens one more time but later a actual gunshot goes off and they ignore it. This will teach people to never take anything for granted. Perfect for testing new recruits to see if they just shoot before looking.
A. CYRUS
SPC, USA
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
Re: Stupid mod idea
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:33:41 PM »
RHS changes the sounds of both BLUFOR and OPFOR weapons and vehicles every couple of updates. I specifically spend several hours a day after every new update learning to identify new sounds and volumes based on distance. I've received friendly fire on more than one occasion after a sound update that causes friendlies not to recognize the sound of friendly fire and failing to P-ID.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
My own stupid mod idea is to have an ACE Banana restore stamina. Basically works like a bandage. ACE on your head, select banana, the little bar goes saying "Eating Banana" and you regain stamina.

Honestly I just think it'd be funny as hell to hear "Hang on, let me eat a banana" over the radio.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Cyrus

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
Well at least the Zues controller on the Operations you do dont put down goats and control them to run into the road.

Yes i have had that happen and it is funny as hell to see a abrams run over a goat and get yelled at by a civ for killing it. That wasn't the last time though. During a patrol, one of the 2 Zeus controllers got bored because he had to wait for the slow moving foot patrol, he took a chicken and followed the patrol with it sneezing into the mic when behind rocks by the patrol.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:51:19 PM by PV1 Cyrus »
A. CYRUS
SPC, USA
Retired