Author Topic: Afghan War Documentary gofundme, 1-327IN 101st Airborne Division  (Read 5311 times)

Goldberg

Came across this just now, http://www.gofundme.com/prboys

In May 2010, Bravo Company / 3rd Platoon / 1-327IN of the legendary 101st Airborne Division was deployed to the Pech River Valley located in Afghanistan's Kunar province.  They were stationed at COP Michigan in the mouth of the deadly Korengal Valley.  Pech River Boys: Tales From Afghanistan will be a documentary film to preserve the events that these men experienced and to remember their fallen brother Spc Brian Tabada.  The sole purpose of this project is to provide an outlet for these soldiers to tell their stories to their family, friends, and those who will listen.  All funds raised are to cover the cost of production.  Any donation you are able to give is more than appreciated.

O'Dette

Re: Afghan War Documentary gofundme, 1-327IN 101st Airborne Division
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
Sounds interesting, I look forward to this being released.

2010, Korengal Valley... Wouldn't that put them roughly in the same area and time as the 173rd during the events of "Restrepo"?

Laitis

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 03:10:28 PM »

2010, Korengal Valley... Wouldn't that put them roughly in the same area and time as the 173rd during the events of "Restrepo"?

Restrepo was filmed in 07-08 so there were a couple years behind these guys but roughly same area yes.

O'Dette

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »

Restrepo was filmed in 07-08 so there were a couple years behind these guys but roughly same area yes.

Okay, thanks for that.

It's sorta a sequel then, isn't it? Not necessarily like "this is all about what happened after Restrepo", but it does show you what the region looked like two years later. I'll find that interesting, personally.

Goldberg

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

Okay, thanks for that.

It's sorta a sequel then, isn't it? Not necessarily like "this is all about what happened after Restrepo", but it does show you what the region looked like two years later. I'll find that interesting, personally.

There actually is a sequel to Restrepo called Korengal that came out last year, it's on netflix right now.

O'Dette

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:34:45 PM »

Okay, thanks for that.

There actually is a sequel to Restrepo called Korengal that came out last year, it's on netflix right now.

I saw that. It's not quite a sequel, so much as it is the same events through a different perspective. Where Restrepo was more of a story of the men of Battle Company as they dealt with loss and a long deployment, Korengal was more of an expose of modern warfare and the effect it has on soldiers.