Author Topic: Just saying hey! (Feel free to greet as well any newcomers like myself)  (Read 6437 times)

Jericho

Hello Gentlemen, Just to start off with a bit about myself. I'm a 22 year old Florida native and an avid Arma 3 Realism player. Been in a couple of groups spanning over a good amount of time, and I'm excited to get going in the 506th as soon as possible a.k.a When recruiting opens like the first day of hunting season lol. I'm one hell of a marksman and an even better pilot, Regardless even if I get accepted into the group or not it would be nice to get to know some of you guys and meet some like minded people. So stop on in the thread and say hello

G. E. Miller

Hi there Jericho :)

Welcome to 506th. Unfortunately recruitment are closed until further notice. But good to see more dedicated players :)

mickeyazn11b

Hey man. Yea I want to join too. Haha but work is hectic. I'm curious as how many members of this unit are actually active duty or former Infantrymen (in real life) if there's a lot than it will be nice too play with fellow grunts
Active Duty U.S. Army; Sergeant
Infantry Team Leader

Fraser

Hey man. Yea I want to join too. Haha but work is hectic. I'm curious as how many members of this unit are actually active duty or former Infantrymen (in real life) if there's a lot than it will be nice too play with fellow grunts

We have a few currently active duty military, I don't personally recall any 11B's but we have a few Navy and atleast 2 former Marines.

Blackwell

What's going on guys? I just wanted to do a little introduction to show a bit of appreciation of what I've seen so far.
I really love what I've seen after poking around the forums. I found you guys after checking out the Jester814 YouTube channel which had some really bad ass operations.
I picked up ARMA III back when it came out for the Alpha release on steam. I loved how it looked and what they improved from ARMA II. What was frustrating though was never being able to really figure out how to get the most out of the game like finding a server that played the actual game or finding a group who took the game and tactics seriously.

I had a buddy of mine pick up ARMA III about a month ago and we have been messing around with our own little special ops missions using the MCC mission generator, and its been a hell of a lot of fun. I love the realistic giant maps and slower paced tactical movements where 90% or more of the operation isn't even engaging contacts.

I stumbled across the Jester814 page and my jaw just dropped. That was the exact stuff I was looking for. The chain of command, planning, tactics, communication, movement. Incredible.
I'd love to join up and get out on the range and train with some of the command, but I see you guys are currently closed for recruiting.

Do you have any recommendations or places to point me to for learning some things that could help me out and be more prepared when you open recruiting back up?

Hope all the new recruit training went well, and good luck to those deploying out soon.

Hope to hear from some of you.

SPC (Ret) Ciancio

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Just saying hey! (Feel free to greet as well any newcomers like myself)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:39 PM »
justif,

unfortunately there is no real, how-do guide, or tips and tricks for being in a unit like this one. But from my experience coming from the 15thMEU, my advice would be to just keep your ears open, pay attention during recruit training, take notes, and ask lots of questions when appropriate. keep a log of the questions you have, keep a separate log of important information you think would help you in the future.

Other than that, look up to your superiors for guidance when you are billeted. Some of the guys here are super cool and would be more than happy to answer your questions. some guys, not so much, but dont take it personally.

Just be respectful and confident in yourself! :)
B. CIANCIO
SPC, USA
Retired

Blackwell

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
Thanks man

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
Tips & Hint - Ears Open, Eyeballs Click.

That's all I got.
I believe Ciancio got it down to a tee in a few words in his last sentence.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:13 PM »

I never got the "eyeballs click" part. What is that supposed to mean?

N. Rochin

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 11:59:51 PM »

I never got the "eyeballs click" part. What is that supposed to mean?

Enjoy (: