Author Topic: March 2016 Mod Pack Crashes  (Read 5347 times)

D. Edwards

Re: March 2016 Mod Pack Crashes
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 02:34:33 AM »
I should've specified previously, also what exactly is the error and how often does it occur?
It happens randomly. The game freezes, TFAR sfx bleep, I alt-tab to see the little pop up saying "arma 3 has stopped working....."
I close that off, and another dialogue box pops up saying along the lines:    STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Bingham

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 02:40:47 AM »
Hopefully not having the DLL files will fix it. But also I've done a lot to make Arma 3 run as smooth as possible with our mods to find that I still crash every once and a while. Shut happens, I wouldn't worry about it to much.

D. Edwards

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 03:01:13 AM »
Hopefully not having the DLL files will fix it. But also I've done a lot to make Arma 3 run as smooth as possible with our mods to find that I still crash every once and a while. Shut happens, I wouldn't worry about it to much.
I only worry when I crash 4 times in one op lol. But I love the pack.

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:17 AM »
Instead of deleting your DLLs every time the game updates you can just set the malloc in the start-up parameters to equal system.  This essentially tells Arma to just use the default memory allocator that comes with your operating system.  This does the same thing as deleting your DLLs except you won't ever have to do it again since the start-up parameters don't change after updates.  You can find the option for which malloc to use in the launcher settings. If you use a command-line instead it can be set with the following: -malloc=system.

From https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Custom_Memory_Allocator
You can select an allocator by via commandline below or deleting other allocators from the \dll\ folder.

Honestly it's much better to just change the setting and be done with it than to delete your DLL folder everytime Arma finds the need to update.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired

D. Edwards

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »
Instead of deleting your DLLs every time the game updates you can just set the malloc in the start-up parameters to equal system.  This essentially tells Arma to just use the default memory allocator that comes with your operating system.  This does the same thing as deleting your DLLs except you won't ever have to do it again since the start-up parameters don't change after updates.  You can find the option for which malloc to use in the launcher settings. If you use a command-line instead it can be set with the following: -malloc=system.

From https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Custom_Memory_Allocator
You can select an allocator by via commandline below or deleting other allocators from the \dll\ folder.

Honestly it's much better to just change the setting and be done with it than to delete your DLL folder everytime Arma finds the need to update.
Thank you SGT. Either way the issue is fixed and I am no longer crashing constantly. I want to thank everyone that helped me.