Author Topic: Podagorsk crashes game ... sometimes. [Resolved]  (Read 18370 times)

SPC (Ret) Harrison

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Podagorsk crashes game ... sometimes.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »
Welp, I wish I could do more. I'll be totally honest, I can't even get the map to crash. I've tried doing the exact opposite of all suggestions, and I can't replicate this.
N. HARRISON
SPC, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Harrison

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:26 PM »
Those who crash: Navigate to this folder: C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 . Do you have a .bidmp file?
N. HARRISON
SPC, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) Otto

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
I don't.
W. OTTO
SFC, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Harrison

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »
Have you tried running this without Sahrani running?
N. HARRISON
SPC, USA
Retired

J. Mitchell

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:24 PM »
Have you tried running this without Sahrani running?

Yup we tried that last night. No luck...

Not sure what it could be, We tried templates with just plan RHSUSF dudes, no scripts, no ammo boxes, just a fireteam of playable dudes. And still had people crashing trying to load. Its baffling !
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:06:29 PM by CPL Mitchell »

SFC (Ret) Otto

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:15 PM »
I also uninstalled my video card drivers and did a clean install. Still no joy on loading up the editor with our standard operation stuff on it.

W. OTTO
SFC, USA
Retired

Schneider-Wiss

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:05 AM »
Those who crash: Navigate to this folder: C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Arma 3 . Do you have a .bidmp file?
nope

Carmona

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 02:19:43 AM »
Also having issues. My files are set up like they're supposed to be.

CPT (Ret) Richardson

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 03:02:02 AM »
I am not using the "GimmeMoarFrames" thing
I have the map as its own mod with the correct folder structure
I have named the mod folder @Podagorsk, @FDF_Podagorsk, and @FDF_Podagorsk_v11
I have tried using "addons" and "Addons"
I am using the full version of AIA
I have tried putting the files inside AIA
I have tried putting the files inside the main addons folder inside the Arma 3 directory
Every single time it crashes when trying to load a template. (Same boxes / units as other templates).

I will add that I can run the map in the editor fine. I am able to join all servers and pick a slot. Once I hit continue to enter the map, my game crashes without fail. No amount of waiting fixes it, let it sit there for an hour and task manager said it was unresponsive.

Edit: Just tried this on the official server and same result, able to pick a slot, once I hit continue, the game crashes.

Edit 2: Ran the game without All In Arma and was able to connect to the server and enter the map with no issues (except for there being no buildings...)

"D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@506th;@CBA_A3;@AllInArma;@Podagorsk;@TFAR;@RHS

There is no .bidmp, but I can give you the RPT files.

The ONLY ways I have been able to join a server running Podagorsk without crashing is to have @A3MP running in conjunction with all other 506 mods or not have All In Arma running at all.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:22:10 AM by SGT Richardson »
M. RICHARDSON
CPT, USA
Retired

Heikinheimo

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 03:22:41 AM »
I am able to join the map on editor and servers but whenever i introduce an ammo box init line to add things to it the game crashes on load.

Westfield

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 03:31:28 AM »
I can't even load the template in editor lol.

Heikinheimo

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »
To add to my previous, the game seems to crash 100% of the time when i attempt to access the main south airfield or spawn in there. Other areas of the map seem to work.

CPT (Ret) Richardson

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:03 AM »
To add to my previous, the game seems to crash 100% of the time when i attempt to access the main south airfield or spawn in there. Other areas of the map seem to work.

I can confirm this, everything being the same, placed a single RHS infantry rifleman player South of line 14 and crashed (replicated 3 times). Placed same rifleman above line 12 and worked fine in editor (replicated 3 times).

Edit: Placed zeus module down to try to teleport my character to the airfield and simply moving to this area via Zeus caused game to crash.

Edit 2: Spawned in a blackhawk above grid line 12, flew around the airfield no problem, as soon as my wheels touched the ground at the airfield (center tarmac), game crashed. Drove a vehicle from above grid line 12 all the way down to where the airfield bridge is at, a few seconds later game crashed. Drove the same path a second time and crashed just after the bridge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:37:37 AM by SGT Richardson »
M. RICHARDSON
CPT, USA
Retired

CPT (Ret) Richardson

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 05:26:59 AM »
So I was able to resolve my problem, just tested it on the official server and spartan 2's server. I completely reinstalled All In Arma. Five hours later I am able to connect fine with no issues.

I also saw that my original version of the AIA hotfix was only 138 MB and was downloaded on January 4th. The most recent AIA hotfix is 140 MB and has files dated January 7th. At some point between the hot fix being released, there was another hotfix to the hotfix which isn't reflected on armaholic. Hopefully that made sense.

My suggestion, re-download the hotfix. If that does not work, re-download AIA.
M. RICHARDSON
CPT, USA
Retired

Hummel

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 06:18:10 AM »
I wish we had all-in-one "506th" mod packs with fire-and-forget installation instructions. In other words, an all-encompassing 7z file with all the mods that are required and unzip instructions to unpack in a vanilla installation and be done with it.

The complexity of the whole procedure (and its frequent updates) is starting to get out of control... :(

Do you think this might be realistic sometime in the future? I know the negative side of it, some people use more or different (custom) installations, etc... but I guess these people could still customise their folder structure if they are experienced enough. For the rest of us, we need to minimise the time lost in finding-troubleshooting all this modification work.