Author Topic: Recruitment Question  (Read 3797 times)

Morisi

Recruitment Question
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »
I sent this message to MSG De Leo - but I figured it would not hurt to repost it here... thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

MSG,
     I am interested in joining the 506th but I have a few questions for you first, if you don't mind. 1) I understand the training timelines, however- after training is completed, what sort of time commitments do you require? I really want to have a realistic environment to play in when I do play, but I also realize that I may not be available to play as often as you might require. 2) I was in the real 506th (4 BCT / 101 AD) for a few years during my time in the Army and did tactical intel. I really enjoyed the overwatch aspect and keeping everyone apprised on the current situation. Are there chances to do anything similar in the simulation environment? I have spent some decent time in-game becoming a proficient marksman from a distance, so perhaps a sniper or spotter type of role? 3) Does the 506th do mostly COOP missions against AI as missions or force-on-force training?

Currahee!
Animal
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:37:37 PM by Animal »

SSG (Ret) Kang

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Recruitment Question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:03 PM »
Its depends on operation week.

1)  I'd say 4 hours a week when its operation week (2hr avg squad/fire team + 2hrs avg operations). 2 hours when its not operation week (2hrs avg squad/fire team).

2) We don't have specific over watch element such as a sniper/spotter or element but we have many elements here such as avaition, bradley, or even weapons team that provide over watch for a task force. It can be boring sometimes but it provides info and security for the entire task force. Sometimes the WARNORD will provide what squads will be supporting element who will probably be the over watch team/s.

3) We only do coop or PvE for trainings, operations, and many fun missions. BUT we also occasionally have fun missions for those wanting to do PvP or TvT.
K. KANG
SSG, USA
Retired

Morisi

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

So, can you give me an idea of when those hours would be for the Sunday operations? I have to be at work on 0530 ET on Mondays and if it runs too late - that could be a potential problem. I just want to make sure I can live up to any commitments I make.

Animal

VandeVord

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 06:23:54 PM »
All Sunday/Saturday Official operations start 2000 Eastern and do not run for more than 3 hours, typically 2 hours. With maybe 30 minutes worth of de briefing after the op. Also most briefings start an hour before the 2000 EST time, that's usually when people start forming.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:33:46 PM by CPL VandeVord »

CPT (Ret) Richardson

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »
There are two operation times, Saturday @ 2000 EST and Sunday @ 2000 EST. Depending on the platoon you select, you will only be required to attend one day, two times a month.

Havoc 1 and 2 have operations on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month.
Havoc 3 has operations on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month.
Spartan 1 and 2 have operations on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.
Spartan 3 will have operations on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month.

The operations typically last two hours with a short briefing prior to the mission and short debrief afterwards. If you have a commitment on Monday morning, I would recommend signing up for a Saturday Operation time.
M. RICHARDSON
CPT, USA
Retired

Morisi

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 06:35:52 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. I think Sunday nights will work best if we will usually be done by 2300 ET. Thanks again for the info.