Author Topic: Trying to get my TFAR running properly. (Temp RESOLVED, see 1st post)  (Read 10120 times)

McGraw

Everything seems installed properly, however when I press ctrl p doesn't bring up the radio. Nor can I adjust whisper/yell. Please help. Thanks

Update: per suggestion below, I tried binding a key that did not use CTRL and it worked. So I'm fully operational on ALL mods now.  :) :) :) :)  Still would like to figure out what exactly the conflict was, but for now. Its not a huge deal.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:13:21 PM by PV1 McGraw »

R. Nelson

Re: Trying to get my TFAR running properly.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:17:47 PM »
Have you made sure that the TFAR plugin is checked in Teamspeak?

SSgt (Ret) Grchan

• 1Z371 Tactical Air Control Party
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »
Your most likely running version 0.9.7.3(if you downloaded from the recruit mod depot) and you need to be using 0.9.7.0.  If this is your problem be patient and the correct version of TFAR will be made available soon. If not you can go to controls section of arma and look for "configure addons" and you can check to make sure the key is bound correctly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:29:19 PM by SSgt Grchan »
B. GRCHAN
SSgt, USA
Retired

W. Young

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »
Make sure you're using version 1.9.7, and make sure your CBA is release candidate 4 (included in the tfar download).

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/releases/download/0.9.7/0.9.7.zip

McGraw

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:54:24 AM »
I have 0.9.7.  TeamSpeak plugin is checked. I'll double check the addons config in game. it was correct before, but I reintaled the game from scratch as I had accidently copied the tfar addons folder into the arma 3 addons, as well as some of the keys folders. So I pretty much redid everything from scratch and still have the issue.

again i'll check the addons config again.

CW2 (Ret) Leshock

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:58:09 AM »
Are you running CBA rc4?  Do you get a CBA message when you connect to an official server?
J. LESHOCK
CW2, USAF
Retired

McGraw

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »
CBA_A3, the one that came with TFAR

Interrogative, No conflicts with key bindings in addon config

Also, all seems to work accept SW radio.  Long range radio comes up no problem. (testing this stuff in my editor)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:16:22 AM by PV1 McGraw »

CW2 (Ret) Leshock

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 01:15:17 AM »
There are many different versions of CBA_A3 (which just stands for "Community Base Addons - Arma 3").  Delete the version you have and replace it with this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11546627/A3%20Mods/%40CBA_A3.7z
J. LESHOCK
CW2, USAF
Retired

McGraw

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 01:41:10 AM »
It should be noted that I cannot set ctrl-p as a binding for anything at all. ctrl....yes, p....yes, ctrl-p....no. there must be a conflict somewhere. However it should also be noted that I can change the key binding to something else entirely and it still won't bring up the radio.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:43:53 AM by PV1 McGraw »

Maple

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 01:42:50 AM »
If you've changed any of your AGM binds to use 'ctrl', it might cause conflicts.

McGraw

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 01:45:40 AM »
It should also be noted that I can change the key binding to something else entirely and it still won't bring up the radio.

McGraw

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 02:15:53 AM »
Additional note, ctrl-tab doesn't work to change voice level either.

Ctrl-P works in windows to print stuff. so it isn't a issue with my keyboard.

I have tried just running cba and tfar to limit issues with other mods. still no joy.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:58:53 AM by PV1 McGraw »

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16:43 AM »
My only experience with keybindings not working properly was caused by AGM having actions bound to the left ctrl key.  Anything that used the left ctrl key would require 2 presses to activate (such as changing stances which would require me to hit ctrl+w or ctrl+s x2 for it to work). 

I just went and checked my keybinds and found out that I have two things bound to my numbers on my numberpad.  The default actions were from the base game and they were used to look around.  TFAR adds keybinds that allow the numberpad to switch between the SW radios channels.  Now when I use my numberpad I can't look around even though both are bound to the same key and both would be valid actions to be performed in the current situation.  My guess is that some keybind is being overwritten somewhere by one of the mods.  I'd try and give the radio controls unique keybinds from everything else and/or remove everything that uses the ctrl, p or ctrl+p key and see if that does anything.  If it does, slowly add controls back to everything you removed until you find which one caused the problem.

Also interesting thing I noticed, some of my possible keybinds from the mods only show up when I go to edit them while in game.  When I'm in the main menu I cannot access TFAR and cTab's keybinds while customizing controls.  No idea what causes that but I get around it by just popping into the virtual arsenal and changing them there.

Hope this helps in some way.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired

Babcock

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »
Have you verified that tfar .dll files where placed in the ts folder?

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
Someone was having this exact problem today during OSUT and was able to fix it by changing their keybinding.  I know you've said you have tried this but it may be worth looking into again.

EDIT: Someone said it may be related to the ctrl key so I'd avoid it for now and see if that works.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:35:30 PM by PV1 McAllister »
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired