Author Topic: Mods acceptable for Recruit Training  (Read 3266 times)

SGT (Ret) F. Mason

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Mods acceptable for Recruit Training
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:34:51 AM »
Just a quick question about mods. For the recruit training, are we allowed to use mods other than the ones required for the unit? For example, could I use the recoilfix or grace sway mods? I know I saw this somewhere, but I'm having problems finding the thread.

Thanks
F. MASON
SGT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Mods acceptable for Recruit Training
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:56:23 AM »
For recruit training, no.  Only the mods that were provided to you in the welcome message are authorized. 

Once you have completed the training pipeline there are some other client side mods that are authorized and you'll have access to the part of the forum where they are posted.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

SGT (Ret) F. Mason

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 03:21:27 AM »
I appreciate it. Thank you SGT.
F. MASON
SGT, USA
Retired

Brap

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »
Just a quick question about mods. For the recruit training, are we allowed to use mods other than the ones required for the unit? For example, could I use the recoilfix or grace sway mods?

The official mods do include a mod to fix recoil and the Grace Weapon Sway Fix mod, if I'm not mistaken.

SGT (Ret) F. Mason

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 08:14:54 PM »
Roger that. I figured it may not be an issue for training purposes. Just curious if I'd have to learn to adjust to some aspects of the game I haven't dealt with using mods. I appreciate the feedback.
F. MASON
SGT, USA
Retired

Brap

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 08:29:14 PM »
No problem.
Maybe see you in training, fellow recruit

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »
Just a quick question about mods. For the recruit training, are we allowed to use mods other than the ones required for the unit? For example, could I use the recoilfix or grace sway mods?

The official mods do include a mod to fix recoil and the Grace Weapon Sway Fix mod, if I'm not mistaken.

We now use Mao Sway/Recoil Fix in the modpack. As for client side mods, yes there are several additional client side mods that are authorized but not required. They are listed with the modpack in a section of the forums unlocked after the completion of OSUT. Until completing OSUT, just stick to the bare minimum requirements.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) F. Mason

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 10:17:35 PM »
Sounds good SGT. I won't add anything I'm not authorized to.
F. MASON
SGT, USA
Retired