Author Topic: Greeting of the day  (Read 4071 times)

Russov

Greeting of the day
« on: April 15, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »
Is there a greeting of the day for this unit?

An example based off of 10th Mountain
enlisted saluting officer, "Climb to Glory"
Officer in return, "To the Top"

Just wondering.

SSG (Ret) Kang

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Greeting of the day
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Currahee or Air Assault.

I think, "One team, One Fight" is also one of our mottos.
K. KANG
SSG, USA
Retired

Russov

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:45:01 AM »
Roger SGT

Bingham

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »
Their isnt a "Daily mottto" if thats what you mean. It's more of how SGT Kang stated.

Russov

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:10:21 PM »
The "greeting of the day" doesn't change day to day. Just the Regiment or Division motto or phrase. Thanks for the info though.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »
It's an interesting thought. Though the greeting of the day in real life is more just meant as a courtesy between soldiers usually when just passing by. Here, you don't exactly pass by anyone to enable you to give the greeting of the day. When entering a ranking officer's channel you usually address him/her by their rank and name and wait for them to respond, usually asking what you need. When a ranking officer enters your channel, it's important to cease all conversation and await for any possible orders or instruction. I'm not quoting any standards or documents, I'm just kind of telling you how it is from what I've seen. There's probably more to be said in greater detail, but that's just the general gist of it.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

Russov

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
Agreed, although the motto gets said in everyday conversation. I was thinking for usage in forums/ messages and general TS lines.

S. Murphy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 04:35:58 PM »
Was a good question J,

I still use All The Way, Habit... Learned it early and it stuck with me for 30 years!  It's funny when you are with your CoC, here Chief or Major and they inquire or have you do something and your response is All The Way!  Most of my CoC have never served so they'll grin or smile and not have a response in return. 

Anyway..  appreciate the motivation and have a great and safe day.

Russov

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 05:08:41 PM »
Was a good question J,

I still use All The Way, Habit... Learned it early and it stuck with me for 30 years!  It's funny when you are with your CoC, here Chief or Major and they inquire or have you do something and your response is All The Way!  Most of my CoC have never served so they'll grin or smile and not have a response in return. 

Anyway..  appreciate the motivation and have a great and safe day.

Thank you, exactly I say Climb to Glory often.

And you have a safe day as well.