Author Topic: Arma 3 Update  (Read 5421 times)

Pienaar

Arma 3 Update
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
Hi everyone

So my arma 3 had a update yesterday (assuming its this nexus update) , I read on the Bis forums that it has broken alot of mods (why am i not surprised) , How would this affect the 506th mod list.I see Ace 3 has had a huge update as well

Waller

Re: Arma 3 Update
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:08:09 AM »
ATTENTION,

With today's broken update to ArmA, the unit will be rolling back to 1.52 until such time as all the mods we use are updated to be compatible.

A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.52). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy152

This is the video for how to rollback your version. Simply use Arma3Legacy152 instead of 140:

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zDiM93jIc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zDiM93jIc</a>

Yep the new version is not compatible with our modpack yet. Follow the instructions in the video to rollback your arma. Make sure you use the Arma3Legacy152 code!

Slaughter

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »

Pienaar

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:39:27 AM »
i dont understand

CPT (Ret) Clark

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »
CPL Slaughter this is an appropriate discussion, this is vital information that new members to the unit would need who don't have access to the command announcements thread.
J. CLARK
CPT, USA
Retired

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
Andrew, until we are ordered to update our Arma, roll your version back to 152. If you having trouble find me on TS in Havoc 2-4. Arma3Legacy152 will need to be entered into the Properties > Betas section of your Arma game. To do this in short, right click your Arma 3 game in steam, then click properties and go to the Betas tab. Now enter that code and select Arma 3 Legacy 1.52 from the drop down box above where you entered it. Close it and your rollback download should begin. Again if you need help find me on TS

McGuire

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 07:43:51 PM »
Anyone know if you can stop your steam from updating Arma before it does? I'd assume unplug your PC and then change a setting maybe..?

Rigger

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
Anyone know if you can stop your steam from updating Arma before it does? I'd assume unplug your PC and then change a setting maybe..?

I saw on the forums that the update was out so when I got home I opened steam and immediately PAUSED the download for ARMA 3. Then I was able to make the changes necessary to Legacy.

Good to go.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
if you cant download legacy, make sure you complete the update, then roll it back.

Pienaar

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 10:01:30 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help ,i managed to get it right through the video

My "i dont understand" reply was for CPL Slaughter as still being a RCT i did not have access to the rest of the forums for command announcements ect yet

But im all good now and my arma states Arma 3 (legacy)

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

G. Knight

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:29 PM »

But im all good now and my arma states Arma 3 (legacy)

Just keep your eyes on the boards and check with your recruit instructor well before class on Saturday to make sure you still need to run legacy.   

I see Ace 3 has had a huge update as well

As far as ACE, or any other mod, approved mods and their current approved versions are always listed here : http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=611.msg1797#msg1797

Run out of disk space.

<can confirm, I ran out of disk space..>

1LT (Ret) Bernal

• 60A Operational Medicine
  • Retired
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 12:35:50 AM »

If you go into your Arma properties on steam and click on the updates tab, you can disable auto-update.
R. BERNAL
1LT, USA
Retired

McGuire

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
If you go into your Arma properties on steam and click on the updates tab, you can disable auto-update.

Yes sir, I found that option and I appreciate your assistance 2LT. Thank you!

Run out of disk space.
<can confirm, I ran out of disk space..>

That should about do it SGT  ;D