Author Topic: Video and Graphics  (Read 2392 times)

SPCTalbot

Video and Graphics
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:15:54 AM »
Currently, at the moment, my video/graphics card is not the best. I have a framerate issue that causes a lot of problems, money's been tight so I have been able to purchase a better one. Will this affect my training process? I have been able to find what kind of motherboard I have so I haven't been able to get a better graphics card

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Video and Graphics
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
RCT M. A. Talbot,

What do you play other than Arma?
What is your current card?
How much RAM do you have?

On the whole, Arma can be tweaked around poor GFX power, so we should be able to work on getting you operational for training.

However, you should firstly install and verify the mod pack, before we start any optimization process.

If you see me available on Teamspeak, feel free to let me know and we can walk over some settings together.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:09:21 AM by CPL Hardman »
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
Honestly, I own such a potato that I get on average 7-15 FPS. Still playable though because in my position it is less about killing everything you see and coordinating. BUT I would do as CPL Hardman  suggests. While it is a very intensive game on your PC, it seems to be very forgiving all the same.  Wish you luck and if you see me on line, don't hesitate to reach out. I'll try to help where i can.
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

SPCTalbot

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »
My current specs are
RAM - 4GB
Graphics - ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6450
CPU - Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600

I don't know what you can do with this information but that's what I am currently running with

D. Morris

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 02:25:53 AM »
I don't know if this helps but here is what I recently did to improve my frame rate quite drastically. I have a home built PC that sadly I made the mistake of buying a core I7 that is locked so I can't boost it much. I also have 8 gigs of ram. I had a generic graphics card that, like you, could only get 15-20 fps on Arma or PubG etc. I couldn't afford to replace the whole rig so I busted for a 1070GTX on sale and WOW! What a difference! I had to take side cutters to my case to fit it in there but now I get 100+ fps and no issues. The reason I'm saying this is you may need to just upgrade the card and not the mobo or even the ram for that matter? Could save a shitload of dough.