Author Topic: Are these custom ops Inhouse company/regiment members only?  (Read 2951 times)

Tramble

Are these custom ops Inhouse company/regiment members only?
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:28:26 AM »
Hey all, was wondering if the ops posted in jester's channel like zombie mission, ww2.. only playable within the unit and not open to the public?

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Are these custom ops Inhouse company/regiment members only?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:33:38 AM »
That is correct.

The 506th does not conduct any public operations at this time.

If you have any questions about joining the unit, feel free to contact myself or one of my colleagues in Recruiting and we'll be glad to assist.

Respectfully Submitted,

SGT Hardman
Recruiting Office Detachment Personnel
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

CPT Drumheller

• 18A Special Forces Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Not entirely correct. All fun missions are outside of the 506th wheelhouse. They are not official 506th missions and they have nothing to do with the 506th. The ones I do just happen to all contain mostly 506th members because I don't know anyone else that plays arma with the level of experience and professionalism required.
J. DRUMHELLER
CPT, SF
Commanding Officer, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG

Tramble

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
That is correct.

The 506th does not conduct any public operations at this time.

If you have any questions about joining the unit, feel free to contact myself or one of my colleagues in Recruiting and we'll be glad to assist.

Respectfully Submitted,

SGT Hardman
Recruiting Office Detachment Personnel

i was actually in the 506th way back, posted LOA but overall got burnt out of arma so never came back.. but im just not into rhs mod anymore for milsim. althought does 506th ever considerr going ww2 ?

SGT (Ret) Reilly

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »
i was actually in the 506th way back, posted LOA but overall got burnt out of arma so never came back.. but im just not into rhs mod anymore for milsim. althought does 506th ever considerr going ww2 ?
It very unlikely (to near zero) that the 506th would ever have a WW2 (HALO, Vietnam, or Star Wars) part the of the unit. Not only would it be a logistical nightmare (with constant mod support from our own community fixing bugs and more, how CoC would work and what would take precedent over one another ie Modern Day vs WW2 ops/training) its just not feasible to support two different units in a sustainable way, as you'd have both Modern Day and WW2 vying for people. This unit has always been a Modern Day Unit and will continue to be, now with that said people do enjoy changing things up and using those other mods but that is only in an unofficial setting.
S. REILLY
SGT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »
We have quite a few alternative modpack funops run by our members but there are no plans to change from a modern Army milsim unit.  If something ever comes out that does that experience better than Arma 3 does we might consider moving to that but that's the only change I could conceive of the unit making.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired