Author Topic: Question for Squad & Fireteam Leaders  (Read 4593 times)

Rattler

Question for Squad & Fireteam Leaders
« on: December 24, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »
1st off I hope this is the right place to post this. If not let me know and i'll remove it and post in the appropriate section.

I'm a new recruit and just finished my OSUT training and looking for a infantry fireteam to join.
My problem is I work nights and will need to find a unit that will be doing squad & fireteam trainings on the weekends.
After looking around it appears that only Anvil 1 is doing all weekend training but they are filled up already. All the rest either have weekday training or the training times still haven't been determined yet.

So instead of PM'ing all the squad leaders and fireteam leaders to find out when they will be doing their training, I thought this post might be easier.

If any squad leaders or fire team leaders have any openings and train on the weekends I would appreciate a reply letting me know what you have open and when the training times will be.
Im anxious to get placed and get out on the battlefield!

Thanks, PV2 Rattler

Mysko

Re: Question for Squad & Fireteam Leaders
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »
go hunt around the platoon/squad pages and pick which works for you. Thats what i did.

http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?board=30.0

http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?board=68.0

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »
PV2 Rattler, I applaud your forward thinking on this. Always bear in mind, that even after you have been assigned, if you find you are in a fire team that trains at an impossible time you can either speak to your platoon HQ and see if they can help you find a more suitable home or transfer to another team on your own.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

MSG (Ret) Main

• 11Z Infantry Senior Sergeant
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
Also, talk to your FTL, because the team may be able to change their times. Goes for squad training too. It not always the easiest to accommodate everyone's schedule but its not unheard of.
J. MAIN
MSG, USA
Retired

Rattler

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
Thanks for the replies and pm's.
I've found a squad.
See you on the battle field.