Author Topic: Waiting to be processed, can I join OP?  (Read 4122 times)

J. Treser

Waiting to be processed, can I join OP?
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:09:31 PM »
Hello. I have completed my AIR phase and am still waiting on it to be processed, however, I would really like to be able to participate in the OP tonight, especially since it's our first OP of 2015 (kick things off right). I was wondering what the rules were for this type of thing and if I would be allowed into the op as maybe a stand-in for a squad. My current bullet is 68W, in case you need to know.

Also, I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I have looked around and I believe this forum would be the most appropriate place.

Thank you.

Capt (Ret) Avery

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Re: Waiting to be processed, can I join OP?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:46:35 PM »
You are able to fill-in tonight as either a 11B infantryman or as a medic since you completed CMS and day one consists of rifleman basics and your day two consists of medic procedures. I do believe every CMS instructor recommends their class to attend OSUT for extra tactical training as a rifleman, so keep that in mind if you feel like you need more training as a rifleman.
T. AVERY
Capt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) Loster

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Waiting to be processed, can I join OP?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »
PV2 Treser,

You are now processed in. It is more than likely that if you report in right away, you will be assigned to a squad by tonight. Welcome to the unit and congrats on earning your stripe.

Good luck,
SPC Loster
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:01:29 PM by SPC Loster »
R. LOSTER
SFC, USA
Retired