Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 2245 times)

Masterking

Some questions
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:13:05 PM »
Hi, I'm new.

I've noticed that the number of people that applied here is enormous.

I've been in 8 different realism units for the last three years. Typically I would join before they got over 20 members so I could feel more apart of the group. About half of them would reach over a hundred active members.

This is my first time joining an already large unit. I was hoping to learn from an active member of the 506th if all the people that apply actually participate in all the operations. If so, how many people typically show up for them and is their room for everybody?
Will I have to go through an orientation or training?
How soon will until I can make the roster and participate in operations?

Hopp

Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »
We have 60 or more for operations. Since the unit has more than that, we roll five task forces that are setup roughly the same.  There's an orientation.   Good luck with your application and welcome!

Waller

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:28:12 AM »
Only real men finish OSUT, unlike many applicants. It takes around 2-3 weeks to finish the training pipeline.

http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=7085.0
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:33:40 AM by WO1 Waller »

Bingham

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:47:17 AM »
I recommend you give it like a month and a half, finish the training pipeline and stick with your assinged squad for a bit. Then see how you like it. I've created probably some life long friends on here. Everyone is always helping each other out and everyone is also super down to earth. Even though we are a fairly large unit, you somehow end up hanging out with certain people all day long, overall it's a great unit.

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
You're also free to jump on the TS and talk to some guys if you feel the need.  I'm sure there will be some guys hanging out in the barracks day room dying to tell you all about the unit, if not there's a lot of friendly people hanging out in their channels who generally don't mind being helpful.  If you're worried about not getting a spot or not having enough opportunities to participate don't worry one bit.  There's usually enough going on that it's rare to not find a day where there isn't some sort of training or operation or fun game going on.  As for training, even if you've played this game for 1000s of hours it's still a good way to get acquainted with some fellow members as well as get some time to learn about the unit and find out where you want to go when you finally get assigned to your billet.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired