Author Topic: Special Report : Chernarussian Civil-War - International Times - June 11, 2015  (Read 6495 times)

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired

Dateline 11JUN15

Yesterday we featured a report on action which began in the mountainous North of Chernarus. Today, we shed light onto the people who are caught between the crossfire. The innocent bystanders caught up in a war which, appears ever more unpopular day by day. While civilian casualties were not reported at all over the weekend, the countryside on the other hand, has been devastated by the recent struggle.

One such place which will never be the same is Devils Castle. This 800 year old castle is now believed to be in ruins after RPLA mechanised infantry turned it into a modern day fortress. While the castle itself fell with relative ease, fighting around the immediate vicinity of the castle has left the surrounding area devastated and littered with, shell casings, used ammunition, a wreckage of a UH-60 Blackhawk and many bodies of RPLA soldiers which are strewn across the battlefield. It is also believed that the castle itself has lost the Western wall as this was detonated by the RPLA in a desperate attempt to keep US forces out.

Reaction to this has been scaving. We spoke to President Romanov Larionovich, who stated that: "Although we are very happy that the international community has came to our assistance, they must realise that this is our country, and they should pay more respect to it. Devils Castle has stood gloriously for hundreds of years, and now it lies in an even sorrier state than it was before". Villagers around the local area of Stary Sobor and woodsmen from around the Devils Castle area have also complained about vehicles indiscriminately knocking over road signs, fences and trees. Chernarus' number one export is lumber, Larionovich explained further: "If the success of this intervention is reliant upon one thing, it is that this nation must economically get back onto its feet as soon as the RPLA are defeated. How is this possible? Through lumber cultivation. If all of the trees in my beloved country are ruined by the careless actions of international soldiers, how can we succeed in the battle against extremism."

International Times - James Gallagher

* This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA game play
** Written 2LT Hart, images by CPL Rogers
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

Joyce

"If the success of this intervention is reliant upon one thing, it is that this nation must economically get back onto its feet as soon as the RPLA are defeated. How is this possible? Through lumber cultivation. If all of the trees in my beloved country are ruined by the careless actions of international soldiers, how can we succeed in the battle against extremism."

I usually do my part for the local economies by buying a burned copy of Interstellar for 10 Chern, but I've been here two weeks and nobody's even offered me one good price DVD.

On a completely unrelated note, let's go plant some trees (and try knocking less down, Wilcox...) so we don't get murdered in our sleep.

SGT (Ret) Falconer

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
We must respect the trees, often they will be the only thing between us and the RPLA's bullets.
R. FALCONER
SGT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Hart

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
We must respect the trees, often they will be the only thing between us and the RPLA's bullets.

Very well said haha
L. HART
1LT, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Rada

• 11C Indirect Fire Infantryman
  • Retired
Villagers around the local area of Stary Sobor and woodsmen from around the Devils Castle area have also complained about vehicles indiscriminately knocking over road signs, fences and trees.

S/O to Brawler with all the assistance! keep doing your thing!  :D   

Don't worry about the haters.    ;)

My take on the trees (It's true you know):
C. RADA
SGT, USA
Retired

McCutcheon

We need to be mindful that we are in someone else's home. We need to be mindful of the damage we cause to the civilian population at all times. Reports like this take away from the good we are doing and will continue to do in this region. Its a constant struggle for us because the RPLA aren't restricted like we are and have proven that, on multiple occasions, while occupying Chernarus. A lack of respect towards the property of the civilian population breeds resentment which will lead to them to start looking at us the same as the RPLA. Lets continue to set a higher standard and be the ambassadors I know we can be.

Barraco

• Eddie Barraco
there are always going to be casualties on both sides, even the innocent. stay mindful of our targets and try our best to have no civi casualties. hopefully the news stories are as accurate as possible so they arent trying to make us look bad to get the civi population against us.
well done CPL