Author Topic: ArmA crashing/causing BSOD[resolved]  (Read 4199 times)

Carmona

ArmA crashing/causing BSOD[resolved]
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:33:59 AM »
So all of a sudden, ArmA 3 started crashing randomly while doing random things in the game (just playing normally in different maps, under different conditions). On two occasions this evening, it has even caused my computer to BSOD, which has never occurred before. I've tried all the basic things, and even purged my computer of all ArmA related files, and re-installed the game. I had one BSOD before the purge, and one after. I've crashed while running zero mods, and while running all of the mods we use.

Additionally, no other program or game has crashed/caused a BSOD. I've tested several other game while waiting for ArmA to re-install.

If anyone has any suggestions to help me out, I would sincerely appreciate it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:07:36 PM by SGT Carmona »

G. Knight

Re: ArmA crashing/causing BSOD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:24:03 AM »
Typically BSOD's are hardware or driver issues.   In terms of the latter, have any updates run recently?  If so, a roll back of the driver(s) in question can be a quick way to start ticking off potential root causes.

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
In my experience BSODs are usually related to not enough RAM, or your RAM crashing out. I would take a look and see if one of your sticks died.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

Carmona

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »
So I un-overclocked my CPU and it seems to be working now.

Yordy

Re: ArmA crashing/causing BSOD[resolved]
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
word, from what ive seen BSOD is hardware related, not software. Is that correct?

CPT Hammersmain

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
Re: ArmA crashing/causing BSOD[resolved]
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
So I recently had this exact same issue, un-overclocked my CPU, and crossing my fingers to hopefully resolve random BSODs which seemed isolated to Arma 3. -- Just like yours, this has come out of nowhere after 2 months of being "stable" with this OC.   

2LT Carmona -- did you ever try re-overclocking your rig to a more stable level?  If so, what are your CPU and mobo specs since i'm wondering if we have similar hardware. 

Thank you!! 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:11:26 AM by PV2 Hammersmain »
R. HAMMERSMAIN
CPT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry