Author Topic: Labels over target boxes  (Read 7702 times)

Yordy

Labels over target boxes
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:54:25 AM »
How do I get the name of the object I am targeting to appear?

Genesi

Re: Labels over target boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
Might be a mod issue with those mav's. If you lock up the target with the vanilla hog does it read the name?

Yordy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »

sure does, looks like its RHS. Ill do a full re install...
EDIT: Unless it could be a different mod?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:19:33 AM by 2d Lt Yordy »

TSgt (Ret) Nance

• 1Z371 Tactical Air Control Party
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:57 AM »
God I wish those lock on boxes appeared on the Javelin on official servers, cause I have no idea what I am locked on to. Works fine in the editor but the way official servers are setup prevents that.
C. NANCE
TSgt, USAF
Retired

Genesi

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »

Full reinstall wouldnt help. Its a config issue with those mav's. I can take a look into it if needed

G. E. Miller

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 10:26:23 AM »
You can get those labels with Server settings.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

"Enemy Tag"

Yordy

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »

Full reinstall wouldnt help. Its a config issue with those mav's. I can take a look into it if needed
Alright. To my knowledge, none of the other pilots have this issue with the A10 mavs. Must be something on my end. Meet up on TS later tonight?

Genesi

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »

Alright. To my knowledge, none of the other pilots have this issue with the A10 mavs. Must be something on my end. Meet up on TS later tonight?

Check your difficulty settings. Ill test it aswell.

Edit: Check your settings i got a name when i locked on.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:08:29 PM by WO1 Genesi »

G. E. Miller

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
By default, operation servers do not have "Enemy tag" on, so its better to practice without.

Strafe

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
Yea, I would think this contradicts the realism factor, no?

G. E. Miller

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
Its more that if "Enemy Tag" is on. If you set your crosshair on a enemy, it will say. Example: Rifleman. A weapon sway can then detect a enemy 4 - 500 meters away. That is a problem. So this setting will not be set to on, not in the future either.

Karr

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Here is the thing about labels with aviation.... 99% of the time we cannot see the target itself when we are engaging it. We can lock on to any vehicle friendly or enemy... It is very likely that eventually a friendly vehicle is going to get an AGM65 up the tailpipe. Our first priority is self preservation. If we are being engaged by a hostile tracked air seeking victor we will do everything we can to eliminate the threat and it is possible that with out any form of PID that we may hit a friendly. Ground may not need this to function but they sure as shit need it to make sure we don't accidentally hit you.

G. E. Miller

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 01:23:33 PM »
Then you have to find a mod/addon that solve that problem. Because adding the "Enemy Tag" wont happen if you cannot turn it off for ground forces.

Yordy

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »
Yea, I would think this contradicts the realism factor, no?
not going to elaborate because I'm on my phone but no not really. 85%~ of the aircraft systems are not modeled on arma anyway. Its not like I can scan with the thermal camera to ID a target before engaging. This little bit semi makes up for that shortfall

Genesi

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
Here is the thing about labels with aviation.... 99% of the time we cannot see the target itself when we are engaging it. We can lock on to any vehicle friendly or enemy... It is very likely that eventually a friendly vehicle is going to get an AGM65 up the tailpipe. Our first priority is self preservation. If we are being engaged by a hostile tracked air seeking victor we will do everything we can to eliminate the threat and it is possible that with out any form of PID that we may hit a friendly. Ground may not need this to function but they sure as shit need it to make sure we don't accidentally hit you.

This. Plus IRL the a-10 has a tgp. We do not, no way of identyfying the target from angels 10 without the text. It protects us and it protects the friendly vics on the ground.