Author Topic: unable/lose connection to servers  (Read 7271 times)

SGT (Ret) Padgett

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: unable/lose connection to servers
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 11:08:08 PM »
i used to have AVG and it ran out this month and Norton was my replacement that might be it...
C. PADGETT
SGT, USA
Retired

G. E. Miller

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »
Yes....thats the problem. Go back to AVG free, and you will stop getting those problems. Norton is just eating your pc alive, so stop using that.

SGT (Ret) Padgett

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »
alright im gonna uninstall it today and i will let you know if that changes anything
C. PADGETT
SGT, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) Padgett

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
it seems to have helped a little bit still losing connection and having trouble downloading mission files, but lately I've also been crashing and having issues with BattleEye, I've done you're Steam ticket fail solutions and it doesn't seem to fix the problem.   
C. PADGETT
SGT, USA
Retired

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »
If I've read correctly, you uninstalled Norton from your computer. If that's the case, did you use Norton's own uninstaller program (Norton is so ingrained into your computer that they have to make a tool just to uninstall it properly)? If you didn't download and run the tool, you'll want to do so, as simply uninstalling Norton doesn't revert any changes or permissions it's made. You may also need to dig around and ensure that your network settings (in the computer) are reverted to their default setting. Norton is a jerk.

Regarding the Battleye troubles, my understanding is that it's not even used in Arma 3, and seems to be some lingering code. A quick Google search came up with these same solutions to Battleye issues with Arma 3.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/1/864973577772340252/

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2f1y5o/anyone_else_getting_crashes_when_playing/

If these potential solutions don't resolve your issue, then we'll need to know a couple things to try and help you further. What OS are you running? Knowing your OS can help us fine tune troubleshooting. It was brought up before, but some of your troubles may be router related. Are you connected to the router with an ethernet cable? Are you connected wireless? What brand of router (or if it's a direct connection to the modem, what brand of modem) is being used? As with the OS, some models of router/modem have well known issues or workarounds, and can help fine tune troubleshooting.